Extra Skin!!!

christine2
on 2/4/15 3:24 am - sayreville, NJ

Hi it has been 8 1/2 years since my RNY Surgery... Never a regret!!! Changed my life for the best... Not only did I loose the weight but lost another 350+ pounds of a ex husband.... So now after 8 1/2 years and a divorce and having another baby I have a lot of skin. I gained a little weight so not at my lowest but sagging skin is still in the way.. My question is do I stand a chance at the skin removal being covered under my health insurance????? 

Tracy D.
on 2/4/15 3:32 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Every insurance plan is different.  My employer's plan through BCBS of NE requires at least 6 months of documented health/skin issues (infections, unhealed sores, rashes, etc.) before they'll even consider a panniculectomy.  And that's the most they'll pay for - they won't pay for an actual tummy tuck.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Ihearttennis
on 2/4/15 1:38 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

After submitting pictures I was approved through BCBSTX for skin excision only. Now, six weeks AFTER my surgery they are denying my claim. It doesn't make sense since I have a letter stating the skin removal was approved. I am going to have to appeal it. 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Needanewbeginning
on 2/4/15 9:31 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Yikes! Gosh how can they do that? Must ******ror I am sure. Good luck pal, I am sure this will all work out.

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

alexclinton
on 2/26/15 1:17 pm

Every insurance company has different plans but I haven’t heard of any that reimburse costs of surgery for cosmetic reasons.

Most Active