Back to having consults

Needanewbeginning
on 2/4/15 8:01 am, edited 2/4/15 8:04 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Well, I was all geared up and booked in for my next phase of plastics, brachioplasty with lipo and plumping up the girls with the lipo'd fat cells. I got a call from my surgeons office this morning that my hospital has cancelled my surgery booking due to my ICD implant being too close to the incisions necessary to do this procedure. I was like, ahhhhh what? 

Yes, of course in past surgeries my ICD had been turned off so to speak with a large magnet, but this time because of the area they are working on and the tools involved, they need to literally shut down my unit, restart then reprogram it. That means I need to have this surgery at a hospital that has a cardiac unit with on site Medtronic staff there to do this, which mine doesn't have.

Just venting and so very disappointed. I was flipping out and calling my brother in law in Florida who is an anesthesiologist begging him for answers and help on what I could do to make this happen. No such luck. 

I get it, it's totally about safety and of course I need the right medical staff there just in case, but damn it, I am so upset. I am so thrilled with my surgeon and now I feel as though I will be waiting who knows how long to get in for a consult to get this done.

Thanks for letting me vent....😭

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Ihearttennis
on 2/4/15 8:33 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Awww, I'm so so sorry.  You have every right to be upset.  Rationally you know its for the best and your safety comes first, but it doesn't mean you can't be terribly disappointed.

I hope you get your new date quickly and will be on the road to recovery before you know it.

I'm thinking about you and sending hugs!

Vent away my friend!

Jen

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Needanewbeginning
on 2/4/15 12:24 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Thanks pal, so true, disappointed but I know its all for good reason. Darn it! 

Back to interviews, ugh! 

Annette 😁

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Y D.
on 2/5/15 1:58 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

how disappointing! I hope you find your new surgeon and hospital asap

Needanewbeginning
on 2/5/15 10:35 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Thank you. Wow, more of a challenge than I thought! 

Most Active