Waist after TT

Paulette M.
on 2/4/15 4:37 am - Marrero, LA

My surgeon says that my TT will improve my waist some.  Not really sure if there will be a major difference.  I'm pretty straight up and down, just saggy tummy.  I'd love to think that I might actually have a waist after all this as well as a flat tummy.  Anybody else seem improvement in their waist?

cutekatie
on 2/4/15 5:56 am, edited 2/4/15 5:56 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I noticed a bit of a difference. I have a slight hour glass figure now. My hips are still very wide so pants don't fit well because they are too tight in the hips and now loose around the waist (before the tummy tuck my tummy stretched out the pants so it was all good).

I did go down a size so that was exciting.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Needanewbeginning
on 2/4/15 9:39 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Yes I do have a waist line now, they do lipo on your flanks, at least my surgeon did and it turned out great! 

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

MyLady Heidi
on 2/8/15 1:55 am

Wearing a thick tight belt helps, google corset training and you will get the idea.  I have a nice waist, nothing is worse then no curves to me.  My body was square after my tt, but with some waist training my curves are well defined.

Laura in Texas
on 2/8/15 11:09 pm

For some people, a tummy tuck can give us less of a waist because you are being pulled straight down. To get more of a waist, the fleur de lis is a better bet since you are being pulled towards the center and down.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

butterfly3851
on 2/9/15 10:39 pm - TX

I'm nine weeks out from tummy tuck and I do see a waist - still wearing my binder when exercising and it makes my waist smaller.  I do think it depends on your basic body type as to what your shape will be.  I have a curvy body type - hips & boobs.  Bust reduction/life next.

I was disappointed when I first measured my waist maybe 5 weeks out - only down an inch - but since then I've gotten 3 1/2 inches down measurement.  I still swell daily.  

cutekatie
on 2/10/15 10:21 am
RNY on 05/16/12

My swelling took about 4 months to go down. I"m 6 months out and only now do I feel that there is no more swelling.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Paulette M.
on 2/12/15 2:21 am - Marrero, LA

Well its been 1 week since my TT with mons lift and BA.  Its been a hard week but getting slightly better.  Still have drains and not happy about that.  I feel like they really limit my moving around but I know Doc won't remove tomorrow, just still too much drainage.  Lots of bruises and ugly scars but I know that will take time.

Most Active