arm lift scar revision

Jennifer K.
on 2/2/15 10:27 pm - Phoenix , AZ

Anybody had revision work done on their arm lift scars? If so, can you tell me about the cost and your experience? Looks like I will be going in 6-8 weeks to have some work done on my angry scars.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

DrL
on 2/3/15 1:47 pm - Houston, TX

After 10 years of performing  brachioplasty, I have seen my fair share of unfavorable scars.  Arm lift incisions are notorious for healing with a raised, thickened scar.  This is because the arm skin is very thin, and there is very little way for the surgeon to put in deeper stitches to take tension off the incision.  Tension causes the scar to react with increased blood flow, overgrowth, and thickening.  Cutting out the old scar and re-sewing it fine, but something different has to be done to get a better outcome. 

Talk about these options with your surgeon.

Hope this helps.

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
katier825
on 3/13/15 11:04 am
On February 3, 2015 at 9:47 PM Pacific Time, DrL wrote:

After 10 years of performing  brachioplasty, I have seen my fair share of unfavorable scars.  Arm lift incisions are notorious for healing with a raised, thickened scar.  This is because the arm skin is very thin, and there is very little way for the surgeon to put in deeper stitches to take tension off the incision.  Tension causes the scar to react with increased blood flow, overgrowth, and thickening.  Cutting out the old scar and re-sewing it fine, but something different has to be done to get a better outcome. 

Talk about these options with your surgeon.

Hope this helps.

DrL, I am curious about the success of revisions on brachioplasty.  Are most happy that they went thru it again?  What kinds of things can be done differently the 2nd time around that would make it heal with a thinner scar?  Is the actual surgical procedure done differently or is it a difference in the aftercare that gives better results?

Most Active