Panni and TT - Pics

Waterme27
on 3/3/15 9:18 pm

thats just amazing! How was your comfort level? Drains ?

KristieA
on 3/3/15 10:02 pm - Orillia, Canada

I had a non-plastics complication so my comfort level was not good.  I had an epidural for pain management.  I wanted to avoid the dreaded constipation from pain meds.   I ended up with an epidural leak which caused me to be flat on my back for 10 days.  Every time I stood up I blacked out from the pain in my head.  As for the tummy tuck, the pain was manageable.  Was glad I had help to get up and down (when I had to pee), someone to bring me a bit of nourishment and fluid and that I was able to sleep in a recliner chair.  

I had two drains for about two weeks.  The drains were almost more painful and uncomfortable at times than the incisions.  Almost wish I had them left in another few days.  Once I was able to get up and mobile after the epidural leak sealed the fluid built up.  With no drains it had to find a way out and that wasn't pretty.  In the end it was better it came out, but freaky.  As of today I am all healed up.  The hole is closed over and no more packing.  Yeah.

The surgery is definitely not for the faint at heart, but 100% worth it in my opinion.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Most Active