Panni and TT - Pics

KristieA
on 1/28/15 3:01 am - Orillia, Canada

Once I got over the epidural leak life got much better.  Having some trouble with feeling like I've swallowed a football or ate a full on turkey dinner but at least I know the restriction from RNY is still active.  Here is a progress pic.  I am three weeks out in the after pics.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

cutekatie
on 1/28/15 11:59 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Thanks for sharing those pics and your scars look awesome.

You're teh second person to post pics of a fleur de lis surgery so thank you - I had that as well and like to compare scars, etc.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

emelar
on 1/29/15 12:48 am - TX

Looking good! 

Yes, it's like having immediate post-WLS restriction all over again.  Be sure you're getting your protein in for healing! 

Ihearttennis
on 1/29/15 9:34 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Your scars are healing great.  You look fantastic! Are you keeping tape on your incisions?  I am 6 weeks out and I keep the paper tape on still even though I know I don't need to.  I just feel "safer"with it on. 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

KristieA
on 1/30/15 12:19 am - Orillia, Canada

I had tegaderm on the bottom incision until the end of week three and nothing for the last week.  I have been using a long roll of abdominal pad the nurse gave me to cushion the incision before putting on the binder.   I am very sensitive to tape so for me the sooner the better to get it off.  The circle on my side is a huge blister from one of the dressings.  Healing really well.  Think I sprung a leak today.  I have been feeling like there is fluid building up and some spots that are hard.  It happened with my RNY site as well.  Doesn't hurt, just freaky.

Needanewbeginning
on 1/29/15 10:09 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

You look fantastic! Feels amazing doesn't it! Totally life changing for me to have my tt done. Going in for my batwings in a few weeks, yay! 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

stoutts
on 1/30/15 9:50 am

Fleur de lis here as well. Been not quite 3 weeks. You look awesome.  I can't wait to walk upright again.

My only prob is pain meds. Trying to taper-which is what I should do as opposed to not taking. Duh. That

and trying not to cough.

Needanewbeginning
on 1/30/15 10:40 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Ugh, coughing and sneezing, omg!! Ouch! 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Waterme27
on 3/3/15 8:38 am

How much weight was the removed tissue

KristieA
on 3/3/15 11:40 am - Orillia, Canada

The surgeon's estimate at first was appx 3lbs but he ended up taking 5lbs.  Doesn't seem like much but that is a whole lot of skin.  

Most Active