TT Follow Up - 5 months

cutekatie
on 1/20/15 10:33 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Just wanted to share that I had my 5 month follow up appointment with my surgeon. He is happy with my results (so am I). He did give a weird reason why the vertical scar is still quite red (anyone with a fleur de lis I'd love some insight into how your vertical scare healed).

In any case he will revise my belly button because he doesn't like how it looks for free and will also cut out some scar tissue from my WLS that he didn't notice I had until I healed completely.

I did ask for an estimate on a breasts lift and was quoted $9000, $11000 with implants. I also asked about the skin under my arms along my sides and he quotes $6000. I don't have the money for that but good to know what I'll spend money on if I win the lottery :)

I"ll be calling tomorrow to book the revision for March.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Ihearttennis
on 1/20/15 11:48 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

I am so glad you are happy with your results. I thought I was going to need the fleur des lis incision but woke up without it.  I think some scars just take longer to lighten.

I also had the skin removed under my arms along side of my boobs. I think it was included in the price but not sure.

it sounds like your doctor is working hard to collaborate with you.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

jeterway
on 1/21/15 12:40 am

Glad you are happy with your results.  By any chance did you ask him/her if you did the procedures together would there be any discount?  I believe that arms and breasts are frequently done at the same time.  You just might get a discount on having them done in one shot.  As far as scarring - I don't have a vertical scar but all of my scars heal very slowly.  I still have very visible scars from surgery done 3 years ago.  Some things you can't even see but most you can still see.  Just my bad luck.  I am currently undergoing laser treatments to help with the healing of the ones that can still be seen.

Sherrie P.
on 1/21/15 9:57 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Mine is bright red - with thickening too... hypertrophic.  The was some people heal. I am 4 months out... almost 5.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

cutekatie
on 1/23/15 8:56 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Glad to know I"m not the only one. Thank you for responding.

stoutts
on 1/22/15 12:50 pm

Congrats!  I'm one week out today from the circumferential lift with fleur de lis. I hit a wall today. I think I've been trying to do too much. So far my scar looks great.

cutekatie
on 1/23/15 8:57 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I took pics on a weekly basis to compare how my scar changed.

DrL
on 1/25/15 12:09 pm - Houston, TX

Glad to see your doc is doing some touch ups for free.  That is part and parcel for this kind of work !  Scars get red and thick when they are stretched and genetics determine your susceptibility to this process.  Curious if you have heard of Embrace therapy to avoid this after a revision ?

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Most Active