LapBand port change and revision to Anchor Tummy Tuck

Mell
on 1/6/15 11:48 pm

I finally convinced my surgeon that my port is bothering me enough to have him open up that there is a smaller port available!!

On January 22nd my port will be replaced and moved (if there is enough give in the tubing) and my plastics surgeon is going to tighten my abdominal muscles if there is enough give in the tubing to do so and trim me up since I have lost around 20 lbs since my surgery a year and a half ago.  

I am scared, my last surgery where he removed over 10 lbs of skin hurt so bad and my recovery with 3 small children was rough I did not feel like myself for nearly a month.

I hope this time things will be easier, my kids are older and all walking and potty trained, and I am assuming my body went though some shock after removing so much skin.

Can anyone give me any insight on revisions to their TT?

Thank you!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

DrL
on 1/7/15 4:36 am - Houston, TX

The muscle tightening is a big part of the discomfort after surgery and I feel a pain pump make s a big difference here.  Also, be sure and discuss what meds worked for you and what did not.  Adding ibuprofen to your narcotic regimen is another trick I find useful in getting my patients better pain control, along with learning how to quickly identify and treat muscle spasms.  It doesn't have to be that painful,a nd our pain scores right after LBL and TT are usually 2-4 !

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/15 4:02 am

A revision is usually much easier than the initial surgery. It sounds like you will have your bariatric surgeon adjust the port and then the plastic surgeon do further work. Patients should always inform their plastic surgeon about the port for some may not be aware as to protecting it. Dr.Domanskis

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors  Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

Most Active