Looking to connect with Plastic Surgery Patients in Toronto area

koremins
on 12/29/14 11:54 pm - Canada

I'm 15 yrs post-op from bariatric surgery.  Had a round of plastic surgeries back then following the weight loss.  But now 12 yrs later many of the plastic surgeries need to be redone (aging, loss of skin elasticity, etc).  Lots has changed in the field of plastic surgery in the past 10-15 yrs.  I'm looking to connect with people in the Toronto area who have had or currently undergoing or planning plastic surgeries.  Also, wondering if anyone has compression garments they no longer need that they'd like to swap or sell.  

Mindy

Needanewbeginning
on 12/30/14 1:43 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Hi there, sure, let's chat if you like? I sent you a friend request.

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

ConnieMaster
on 1/21/15 1:13 pm

Hi koremins, I underwent a tummy tuck surgery last month in a clinic in Toronto (which is also nearby my home) As per my surgeon Dr. Robert Backstein’s advice, I’m using the compression garment. But I don’t know how long I will have to wear it. I forgot to ask him about it during his last follow-up call. Anyway, I will ask him today and will let you know if I can stop using it.

cutekatie
on 1/24/15 2:09 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Most surgeons say 4-6 weeks to wear the garment but you can wear it longer if you need to.

I also remember reading that it's only if you have muscle repair, but some surgeons make you wear a garment no matter what type of tummy tuck you got.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active