Home from breast reduction/lift/mastopexy and bra line back lift

pinkpeonies
on 12/31/14 11:44 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

Well, I actually came home yesterday after one night in the hospital. The do said everything went beautifully and was very excited about my results. I couldn't see much when he checked but it all feels so different. He thought this would be an easier recovery than the abdominoplasty/hernia/diastasis recti repair, but I am not so sure. If I move my left arm the wrong way, I get a searing pain on my side under the armpit--probably where the incision is and maybe where the JP drain exits on that side. There is something under the skin on my chest above the breasts that feels quite hard and is sensitive to touch. Don't know yet if that's the mastopexy part or where there are sutures to support the underlying structure. Or both. I just hope the hardness resolves as I heal.

I was incredibly shaky and wobbly at the hospital; he seemed to think that was due to the amount of blood lost during surgery plus the discovery that I was anemic. I tend to agree, since I'm doing so much better today at home. Still have to be very careful, but I'm learning what I can and cannot do. (He's got me on iron supplements on top of my multi-vitamin and other meds.)

So far so good, although I really wish I'd had the $$ to rent a power recliner/lift chair again. I have to sleep on my back and the chair I had for my TT was great for that. Would be so much less painful than arranging the pillows on my bed to keep me partially propped up. The couch and armchair in the living room are not conducive to napping.

I see the doc again on Monday to change the dressings and remove the JP drains...if not sooner. He's got tegaderm across my back over that incision there ITCHY underneath. I've been using my back scratcher very carefully and it does help...for a while, lol.

Off to set the DVR for the Macy's parade while I nap. Hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

Ihearttennis
on 1/1/15 12:58 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Glad you're home and on your way to recovery!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Bronco0605
on 1/1/15 4:39 am

I hope that your recovery goes smoothly! I especially hope that you find some comfort for your itchiness! 

pinkpeonies
on 1/6/15 7:58 am
VSG on 04/23/12

Hahaha...I totally did not remember posting that until I read it just now. Wow. And only one typo, I think, lol.

So the itching got better, although I did have to haul out my back scratcher several time. Just went gently over the itchy area (well-protected behind tegaderm and the post-surgical bra. Got rid of the JP drains yesterday, thank goodness. They were causing a lot of discomfort at the sites where they went into me. Also got to see the new girls for the first time and I'm just...I don't even recognize them! They are up high! And firm! And soooo pretty (bruising and tape and incisisions aside, lol)! Cannot wait to see the finished product.

Back to the surgeon on Monday next week to check for fluid accumulation (now that the drains are gone) and to remove any tape strips that haven't fallen off by then. I suspect he'll apply the tape he used after my abdominoplasty (can't remember the name of it right now, but it stays on for a nice long time and helps the scars heal flat).

Meanwhile, I am still dealing with anemia. I am so pale--I call it the translucent vampire look...although today has been slightly better so maybe a week of supplements is helping with that. I'm still very tired and weak though, and climbing the 6 steps from living room to bedroom area, then getting myself into bed leaves me gasping and out of breath for a few minutes. That is not normal. My PCP is sending me for a bunch of bloodwork tomorrow (I contacted him--if this is going to be an ongoing issue, I want him managing it rather than the plastic surgeon).

This whole thing is making me feel really down in the dumps. I am feeling better from the surgery; it's the rest of me that's not cooperating. There's even edema in my hips, butt, thighs, legs, and ankles. I've NEVER had that before. I'm just moving around as much as I can, and drinking as much water as I can, and hope it all goes away when all is said and done.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

Most Active