Is neck lift customized surgery or not?

andrewt159
on 12/30/14 11:50 am - beverly hills, CA

After researching on Neck lift surgery I found that it can be a highly customized procedure. Sometimes it is performed in conjunction with a face lift, eyelid surgery, or a brow lift. Please inform whether neck lift can be customized or not?

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/14 11:55 am

Yes, you are right. Neck lift surgery can be done in conjunction with a face lift, eyelid or brow lift surgery. You can also do a rhinoplasty surgery together with a neck lift surgery.

emelar
on 12/31/14 12:48 am - TX

What do you mean by customized?  All plastic surgery is customized to the extent that the doc has to deal with each patient's particular issues - more skin, less skin, more muscle laxity, etc.  And different docs prefer different methods. 

I had a facelift that included my neck even though it was primarily my neck that I was targeting.  But my surgeon's recommendation was to go with the full face lift because it would give the best result for the neck.  He was right.

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/15 4:16 am

I individualize with each patient. A facelift is a misnomer for it usually involves a neck lift also but the neck can just be done separately but that is unusual for the excess skin is also present usually on the face. Also, a neck lift can be done in conjunction with a platysmaplasty to tighten the muscles below the chin. Dr.Domanskis

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors  Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

Most Active