Arm lift update, 2 weeks out - with pics!

proudauntie
on 1/6/15 1:51 pm - Honolulu, HI

Hi.  I had my arm lift 5 years ago.  I have very fair skin so probably took longer for my scars to fade - was about a year.  When you talk to the surgeon make sure he puts the incision on the inside of your arms which makes the scars a lot less noticeable.  (I have a friend who's surgeon put the incision down the back of her arms and no matter how much they fade they will always be visible.)  Even if the scars hadn't faded the change to the size of my arms was so worth it!

rissa1224
on 1/6/15 11:56 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Yes all scars fade. I woud rather have a scar than my fat dragon wings. When I put my arms to my side you can see where its by my elbow going up then it goes under my arm so you cant see it. I just don't care. haha and thank you!!

jeterway
on 1/23/15 2:25 am

Glad to hear that you are happy with your results.  I agree that scars will eventually fade.  I have a terrible time with scars - I am about a year and a half out and my scars are still visible but continue to fade ever so slowly.  But I told the doctor that I would gladly trade the scars for the flapping skin.  My scars are hidden on the inside of my arm as well - no one can really see them unless I lift my arms up over my head.  It is so nice looking at my arms and not seeing the loose skin.  Good luck with continued healing.

alexclinton
on 1/22/15 3:16 pm

Congratulations Rissa for getting good results from Arm Lift Surgery. I would like to know the name of your surgeon and his clinic address. It will be a great help for me and the people of this community.

rissa1224
on 1/23/15 12:03 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Thank you!

Dr Zubowski in 1 Sears Drive, Paramus NJ.

Most Active