Tummy Tuck Dec. 22...I have Girdle Questions!

godzilla
on 12/14/14 2:55 pm - Israel
I had to buy a binder with Velcro and bring it with me to hospital but it was out in me in surgery.
Tips: tank top first in your skin so binder doesn't chafe you.
Drink lots of fluids-helps to flush the anesthetia out if the body as well as avoid the constipation that often occurs due to narcotic pain killers. Benadryl helps if you get itchy from surgery or side effect of pain killers.
Water bottles wherever you will be sitting or resting; remote control laptop should all be within easy reach.
And wowsie on your weight loss!
Mikimi in Israel
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/14 8:23 pm

Thank you for all of the advice!  I'll defninjyely make sure I have these things near me so I can be as comfortable as possible and I will wear my husband's tank tops under.  Thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/14 8:54 am

Life threw me for a loop...I had my iron re-check on Monday and got the results today.  It's a liter less than it was the first check two weeks ago and this is after a good two weeks on prescription iron and folic acid as well as I added 1000g Vitamin C.  I did have my period and yesterday was the last day.  I told the scheduling nurse that, and she said even with that the doctor wanted to wait until the numbers improve and that I needed to go and see my primary care physician.

Darn it; I don't have health insurance.  I filled out Medicaid paperwork for my family and the caseworker actually told me today that she hoped it would be ready.  I know I need to see the doc and get this straightened out.  I know all things happen for a reason.

I don't know if I should reschedule this procedure or cancel it; that's my dilemma now.  The lady at the doc office is so nice...she said she would refund me fully because she knows that I didn't know about having such low iron and the doctor really wanted me to get this looked at but that she also didn't want me to lose the opportunity to get my stomach done either.  My husband will be home from work shortly so we can talk about what is best together.  If I get a full refund, then I can just give it back to my mom because she gave it to me in the first place.  Or, I can reschedule for in a few months and try again, giving me time to go to the doctor and see what happens with this iron issue.  I'll keep you all updated.  Needless to say, I'm sooooooo upset.  My husband says I should be proud of myself nevertheless and I know that.  It's just that I was really looking forward to this tt and also I had it in my mind about what I was working towards, getting over this step and going onto the next, etc. 

I'll update as to whether I get a refund or not; just thought I should tell you guys about my bloodwork!  Thank you for all of your advice!

ICG63
on 12/16/14 9:06 am
Revision on 10/31/13

I had a ventral hernia repair and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) on the 10th, almost a week ago. I came to the hospital in sweats with a drawstring waist, slip on boots, button down shirt. All went well. Left the same day (10pm) with a corset type girdle thing that they put on (while I was still under anesthesia). My surgeon said to keep it on, with all the dressings for a wee****il I see him. The 2 drains are there. Gross but not much bleeding. My husband drains them 2 times a day. I can walk around ok--but I have been wearing only a robe. The gauze and bits of surgery tape get tangled if I have more on. I was able to walk right away, with meds,  and now take very few (1 or 2 a day) pain pills. We keep the gauze around the drains clean. I can't wait to have them out!!! The worst thing so far is constipation and coughing for me. I already feel bored and irritated which tells me I'm doing pretty well! Good luck!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/14 2:13 am

To all who are keeping up with me...my tt has been rescheduled to 2/10/15.  I hope this will give me some time to bring up my iron and address these issues.  I did order some Floradix off amazon and it should arrive tomorrow so I'll start taking that too...it's liquid iron and herb supplement.  Thank you for all of the advice and I'll keep you all updated.  My plastic surgeon is so nice; he said I can come every two weeks to check my iron until surgery time so I can see what the numbers are between now and then. 

butterfly3851
on 12/17/14 4:26 am - TX

Teachermom -

I know you are disappointed but that iron level is important!  My initial surgery was rescheduled also so I know how you feel.  Gives you more time to eat healthy, exercise, and get mentally ready for this!  

Hang in there!  

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/14 9:38 pm

Thank you for the encouragement...was yours rescheduled because of low iron too?  I feel better about it now and I know that everything happens for a reason.  At first I was completely shocked and devastated because I thought I would be fine, and I'd worked myself up in my head that I was getting it done next week.  So, when he told me otherwise, I did lose myself but thanks be to God, I know that addressing this iron is so important and I'm gonna work on it.

Most Active