A little different plastics question

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/8/14 5:21 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I'll let you know how it goes. Good luck with the arms!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/14 6:59 am

Good for you! Always nice to do something for yourself! Blepharoplasty is quite a common procedure. I caution everyone that you need to take it easy after the surgery for a god two weeks to decrease the chances of complications. Make sure you are off all herbs and aspirin from now until two weeks after to minimize the bruising and bleeding. Don't expect to be watching TV or reading a book because your eyes will be irritated and tear easily. Use artificial tears, not visine, to help the latter! It does take awhile for swelling to decrease, so be patient! Good luck! Drd

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/8/14 5:05 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Two weeks??? That's more than the recovery time I had for the LBL and the BL and thigh lift. I hope that as I don't bruise normally (didn't really have any bruising following any of those surgeries) or swell much that this will also NOT take place during the bleph. I have 10 days off from work over the holidays but need to be back bright eyed and bushy tailed on 5 January! Not black and blue! We'll see I guess. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/10/14 6:10 pm

Dr Sauceda did my eye lifts and they are amazing.  I didn't have any problems at all.  I had minimal swelling and almost no bruising.  In fact, by the second week, you couldn't see any bruising or swelling. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

QoftheU
on 12/9/14 12:26 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Hey Julia - I've had both.  My eyes look SO much better.  I didn't have really droopy lids, but since I was getting the bags removed decided what the hell... They look great!  Minimal scarring (which they hide in the lid fold anyway), minimal pain (I really don't remember it at all - but then I had my face lasered too and was kinda concentrating on that - Dilaudid rocks!).  If you PM me I can share a few other things.  

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

ravenbrown
on 12/11/14 3:09 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

My mom had this done last year.  Her results were great, but she did have this very rare, strange complication that was eventually resolved when she saw an opthalmologist who put her on the right meds.  She had her surgery on a Thursday and was back to work Monday.  Bruised, but makeup covered.  My mom is pretty hardcore like the two of us, so I'm sure you'll do fab. 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/11/14 4:23 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Yay for us hardcore gals!!! How are you doing, sweetie??

ravenbrown
on 12/11/14 4:27 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Really well, actually.  Finally getting back into my routine, and I'm actually doing personal training with the hubs!  It's fabulous to see him working out, and his results are even better.  Yum :)  I'm still not happy with my thighs, but I'm going back to talk to my surgeon next week to see what can be done.  IF I decide to do a revision for the stuff I'm not happy about (very minor, but I'm a perfectionist), it wont be until spring at the earliest.  I need to get myself completely back together before I can mentally handle another surgery.  How are you?  Miss you, luvvie!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/11/14 4:50 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I know what you mean. I am looking into the blepharoplasty but hating the idea of another even minor cutting. Honestly I should have a revision on the breasts...but I am not mentally ready either. Trouble is I like both of them but they are not the same. And I can't figure out which one I like better so until I do I will have to wait I guess! The rest is fine. If I had to do it over again I would have had the long thigh lift. The small one really didn't do much. Tell me, do you also have numbness in the stomach area? I am still more or less numb from the belly button down to the pubic area. I am wondering if this is normal or will go away one day?

ravenbrown
on 12/11/14 4:57 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I thought I was ready for another surgery, but the complications and results just plunged me into this massive depression.  They do look better than they did, but the complications and constant followup appointments just dragged me down down down.  My incision is about halfway down my leg, and I can easily cover it up with a waterproof concealer (I did this in Mexico a month ago because I was wearing a bikini, and I scar dark for awhile).  And yes, I'm still quite number under my bellybutton.  Rock hard abs, though.  That's nice :)  It's supposed to mostly go away, but I know there can be permanent numbness.  I still have numbness on my upper thighs too, but it's gotten better as the months have gone by.  My boobs, however, are stupid sensitive.  They were never this sensitive before.  All in all, I don't regret anything and my hubs is over the freaking moon. 

Most Active