Complications and Insurance

Ann M.
on 12/3/14 10:26 am - GA

For those of you that have had complications, was any of it paid for by your regular health insurance (as opposed to Cosmetassure or the like)? Did you have any coverage of your plastics from your health insurance for your plastics or were you self pay? I had complications and while Humana paid for some of the issues several were denied and ended up being quite costly. I am just curious if there is another carrier that while they may not cover plastics might pick up coverage for any complications. If so, can you let me know your experience and who your carrier was? Thanks!

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200

DrL
on 12/5/14 12:33 pm - Houston, TX

Regular health insurance may cover complications from "cosmetic" surgery, but you need to check your plan language.  Some are specific on exclusions for "complications of cosmetic surgery." For $200 or so< i ahve found Cosmetassure to be an excellent value for larger cases like TT and LBL.

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/14 7:10 am

I would have them re-submit for the parts that were not covered. Thee is a plan that we offer that is specifically for coverage for complications. It is not that expensive. You need to keep pushing your carriers, appeal and you may get it covered. Drd

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

Most Active