I am home,

Needanewbeginning
on 11/23/14 1:32 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Had my tummy tuck, mons lift and lipo on my flanks done last Friday. My surgeon and I talked about the fleur de lis procedure but he said he may get excellent results with the horizontal cut. I was very concerned about having a muffin top if he did the horizontal cut. I left it to my surgeon, he knows best. So far so good! It looks incredible! 

I cried when he lifted my gown in recovery. I had two nurses crying with me, we must have looked hilarious! He said here have a look, I hope your going to love your new body. Omg! It's hard to believe even after looking at soooooooooo many before and afters that this is me! 

Its not as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, yea it hurts but each day will get better, so worth it!

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

gabriellaz
on 11/23/14 1:27 pm, edited 11/23/14 1:27 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

Congratulations! Sooo happy to hear your doing well and suuuuper happy that you are loving your results!!! Hearing this puts me a little at ease. I am getting nervous my surgery is in 10 days 😁

Ihearttennis
on 11/23/14 10:46 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Awesome news!! I've been thinking about you. I'm so glad you are home, safe and happy!! Here's to a quick and easy recovery!!!

Jen

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Needanewbeginning
on 11/24/14 12:31 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I can't explain how incredible this has been! I still can't stop looking down!! One terrible thing happened though, ridiculous really. My husband got my antibiotics and pain meds (tramadol) filled at the hospital pharmacy instead of our regular pharmacy. They put the pain meds in the antibiotic container, so basically they switched the meds!

I was in a lot of pain. I was only taking one tramadol every 6 hours instead of two every 4 hours. I knew that day two and three may be the worst pain wise so I was really trying to suck it up. But when I woke up yesterday I could barely speak the pain was so bad. I said to my husband I may need another script for meds once these run out if the pain is like this in a few days. He decided to count how many were left. Well, not only did we discover the meds were in the wrong bottles, but they didn't give us the amounts they should have! I had two extra antibiotics and three less of tramadol! 

So, long story short. Now I am on track with my pain meds and I am not kidding, NIGHT AND DAY! Sure the pain is there when you get up or sit down but with your meds it takes the edge off. 

This surgery is incredible. It really completes the wls journey for me. I know many don't have surgery, but for me, I needed to and I am so glad I did it, pain and all.

I got so much information from so many people here that had surgeries and the advise was priceless!

Next will be my batwings in the spring! 

It will be both of you soon writing how well you did with your surgeries! 

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

gabriellaz
on 11/26/14 11:09 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

Sorry to hear they screwed up your meds That's horrible. Glad it got taken care of. Did they just give you Tramadol for pain?  What strength was it? I am getting Norco but really want to stay away from it because of the constipation. Is the Tramadol sufficient for your pain level? Sorry I'm asking a lot of questions, lol. My surgery is next Wednesday and my nerves and ocd is kicking in a little bit, lol. Can't wait to see your results. Take care. Gabbz

Needanewbeginning
on 11/26/14 12:13 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Howdy, I had never used tramadol before and it really just takes the edge off. Years ago for my hysterectomy I used percs, loved those lol but thy don't give those any longer I know why way too addictive and constipating like crazy. Tramadol wasn't they were 325/37.5 I think? Only had 30, well really 27 because they ripped me off well you know that story ugh! I have also been adding clearly fibre to my water to help get fibre in and it's worked well! They recommend colace but I haven't needed that yet but I guarantee if your constipated it will hurt.

Keep in contact ok? Friend me if you like?

You will be so happy I promise! It's painful but really manageable.

Annette 

Dejah H.
on 11/25/14 3:12 am - Central, TX

Congrats!! So happy for you!!! :)

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

Needanewbeginning
on 11/25/14 5:07 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Thank you 😄

Ihearttennis
on 11/25/14 6:19 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

OMG, Annette.  That is terrible that they switched the medicine.  I know accidents happen, but come on!  I cant imagine how much pain you were in.  You are such a trooper.  I'm so glad your husband figured it out.  He's your hero!  Feel better soon.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Needanewbeginning
on 11/27/14 11:20 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Thanks pal, yours is coming up sooooo soon! This is so exciting!

Annette 😄

Most Active