Thigh and lower body lift

stacieblue
on 11/16/14 7:58 am - Fletcher, NC
I am 7 years out from my gastric bypass, 15 pounds lighter than my original goal and have been the same weight for the last seven years. I lost 140 pounds and am looking into plastic surgery. I have chosen to do a belt lipectomy and thigh lift at the same time. The scheduler said I was a brave woman. Any thoughts? Should I not do the two together?
Love, light, and protein,
Stacie

Ihearttennis
on 11/16/14 12:24 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

I am having a lower body lift, breast aug/lift and my arms done in December.  The lower body lift will include an outer thigh lift but my doctor said he couldn't do an inner thigh lift at the same time because the incisions would pull in opposite directions.  I will do the inner thigh lift at a different time.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/14 6:06 am

I very often combine procedures but it really depends on how much excess tissue you have. I am a bit surprised that you are not having a abdominoplasty but a belt lipectomy? Normally, I would do the former to keep the scar low, as well as do a pubic lift with same incision and flatten the tummy more by repairing the spread muscles.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307

Newport Beach, California 92660

949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca)

Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013

President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

sherri0121
on 11/21/14 1:32 am - Fort Mill, SC

How ironic.  I too am 7 years out from my gastric bypass.  Though the surgery only allowed me a 90lb weightloss the rest has been up to me with diet and exercise (50lbs).  I've been pretty weight stable for the past 1.5 yrs, about 150lbs.  I will be having the circumferential tummy tuck (which sounds like what you refer to as belt lipectomy), but I will be getting my arms done as well.  I was discouraged to do the inner thigh lift at the same time for a couple of reasons.  The healing process for both at the same time is miserable (per the dr).  Doing the tummy tuck first will pull up the outer thighs so it's easier to see how much will need to be done for the inner thigh lift and how extensive it has to be.  I have my surgery scheduled Dec 1.  My thoughts are to do the thigh lift at a different time.  I think the other will be painful enough.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

andrewt159
on 11/21/14 7:44 pm - beverly hills, CA

Yes you can go for both the surgeries but a lot depends on your health and physical condition. Consult an experienced surgeon and he will advise what is best for you.

alexclinton
on 12/4/14 4:28 pm, edited 12/4/14 4:28 pm

I think you can go for both the surgeries. I fully agree with Andrew that you should choose only an experienced surgeon to get the desired results.

chulbert
on 12/10/14 11:56 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I'm three weeks post-op from a lower body lift, abdominoplasty, and male chest reconstruction.  My inner thighs are also an area of concern but similar to other plastic surgeons, mine also recommended against doing the inner and outer thighs at the same time since they pull in opposite directions.  He also said there is some inevitable settling and doing the procedures separately will ultimately produce a better aesthetic.

However, everything is a compromise and separate procedures can be substantially more expensive.  It's up to you and your surgeon.

Most Active