13 days post op from Fleur De Lis TT

Ashley in Belgium
on 11/18/14 4:10 am, edited 11/18/14 4:11 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Hi - I am 3 weeks out from extended TT with muscle tightening and repair of 3 hernias.  I have a happy face scar - not a fleur de lis.   It is long and I am exhausted.  Swelling is ok, but there.  I totally get the depressed feeling as it is hard to feel so badly after feeling so great - WL wise!  I am told by my PS that it will take 3 months before I feel normal and I am off work for a month minimum but that is standard here in Belgium.  

I take a anti-histimine for the itching and I use a special prescription cream to help my skin heal from the bandages which left my skin feeling and looking burned. I also echo the need for a long (men's XS works for me) tank top under the binder.  I am frankly hoping that when the swelling goes down that I will be happy with the results, but for now the jury is out.  My upper tummy is flat but I have swelling/fluids at the inscision and mons that needs to be absorbed I guess. We must be patient 

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

hmartin
on 11/18/14 4:15 am - Sauble Beach, Canada

Thank you for your reply. The itchiness has gotten 100% better.  Now I just feel swollen and gross! I feel like my belly is so stretched out from bloating (when I eat) and swelling that it could break wide open.  I am not sure why I bloat after eating....I only had this issue if I ate specific items. 

Ashley in Belgium
on 11/18/14 5:10 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I have to be very careful with salt.  I had a Chinese take away and thought I'd explode!  

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Most Active