13 days post op from Fleur De Lis TT

hmartin
on 11/15/14 10:19 pm - Sauble Beach, Canada

Hello all,

It has been so long since I have been on the site I had even forgot my user name andpassword! But I knew if I need answers to my questions I would get them here.  I am just 5 yes post op from my bariatric surgery and I have kept all my weight off.... I sit at around 125-129 lbs.  On Nov 3 I had a fleur de lis TT with muscle repair.  I just wanted some perspective on the healing process from those who have gone through the same procedure.  How long to feel normal again.  The last two days I have been soooo itchy that I cried. I know itchiness is a sign of healing but this was ridiculous! It feels a bit better today and I am hoping it will go away soon.  I am also wondering how long it takes for the swelling to go down.  Thank you in advance for any info and advice. 

Ihearttennis
on 11/16/14 12:26 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Congratulations on your surgery.  I am scheduled to have my TT with the Fleur des lis incision/breast Aug/ arms done next month.  I'm sorry I can't help answer your questions but I would love any advice you can give.  I plan to take 16 days off from work and I'm hoping that is enough.  Are you comfortable sharing pics? 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

hmartin
on 11/16/14 12:31 am - Sauble Beach, Canada

Congrats on your up coming surgery.  I took three weeks off but I will be taking an additional week. There was no way I could go back to work yet.  I still have difficulty walking. If I can figure out how I will show pics. 

Laura in Texas
on 11/16/14 2:01 am

Have you tried Benadryl for the itching? It seems to be a common problem. I did not have the fdl, but did have a lbl. I took 7 weeks off work and was exhausted when I went back. I did not feel anywhere near normal until about 6 months out. The swelling was mostly gone by month 3.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

hmartin
on 11/16/14 2:06 am - Sauble Beach, Canada

It did try benedryl but had no relief. It seems to be getting a bit better.  Thank you for your input, nice to know these feelings are normal, I am over it though! Lol

cutekatie
on 11/16/14 4:11 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I had the same surgery in August and am 3 months out. I found every 3-4 days things got a little better. At two weeks out I was swollen, the binder made me itchy, and it hurt to sit, hurt to lie down, and hurt to stand.

I bought cotton tanktops to wear between my skin and teh binder - I find my skin to be sensitive and when I wear wool sweaters I put a tanktop on underneath.

I took pictues once a wee****il 6 weeks and then at month 2 and 3. On a daily basis I felt swollen at night but looking at pictures from each week I realize that even at 2 months I was swollen.

I went back to work at 2 weeks and the first 2 weeks I was very tired. I was able to sit and stand when I needed to and napped when I got home.

Let me know if you have any other questions. This site was great to give me info before surgery and I like to share my experiences with others.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Mell
on 11/17/14 5:51 am

I had the same a year ago July. I used arnica gel and that seemed to help. I did not feel like myself for nearly a month! I really thought I had prepared myself for the surgery but nothing prepared me for it. It does get better.  I suffered from depression nearly 2.5 weeks out when I thought I should be feeling better apparently it is common but I suffered horribly.

Good luck.

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

hmartin
on 11/17/14 5:58 am - Sauble Beach, Canada

That is exactly how I feel right now.....very depressed! Thank you for your input. Its good to know I am not the only one going through this. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/14 6:09 am

Your itchiness could be a reaction to the binder or allergy to the steristrips. It does take a long time for the swelling to go down. I tell me patients they should be able to do normal activities within a three week period but the swelling will persists after the intial 50% goes down in about one month or so for a long time-even up to a year plus.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307

Newport Beach, California 92660

949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca)

Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013

President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

hmartin
on 11/17/14 6:10 am - Sauble Beach, Canada

Thank you for your reply.

Most Active