pannilectomy

Jmosqueda13
on 11/3/14 6:43 am - Palmdale, CA

I'm so nervous pannilectomy surgery on wed and I'm scared....help

Ihearttennis
on 11/3/14 9:05 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Just keep focusing on how great you will feel and look afterwards.  Good luck!!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Needanewbeginning
on 11/3/14 9:36 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Your going to be so happy once this is done and your recovered. I am having my tt on November 21st, I am also very scared, but soooo excited as well. I can't wait really!

The final stages of your journey! 

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

emelar
on 11/4/14 1:35 am - TX

What's scaring you?  The surgery itself is easy.  All you have to tolerate is the IV stick for the anesthesia and IV drugs.  Then you're out.  Pain?  They'll give you meds, and if one isn't working, ask for something else.  If you're worried about nausea, make sure they're going to give you anti-nausea meds in your IV - they usually do as a matter of course, but it never hurts to ask!  And they have all sorts of other meds they can give you after surgery to help with nausea.

Recovery is no fun, but it's tolerable.  Since you're doing the panni versus tummy tuck with muscle repair, it shouldn't be too bad.  It's the muscle repair that's an absolute killer.  The incision and the area around the incisions tend to be numb.  You may have drains (depends on your doc), but they're no more than a nuisance.  Removing them feels weird, but not painful.

Take your pain meds, give your body a chance to heal, be kind to yourself.  Once the healing is over, you'll be very happy you did it.

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/14 1:36 am

All my patients are scared to some extent and that is good because it will help motivate you to follow your plastic surgeons instructions and help with your recovery and to achieve the best result possible. Focus on the fact that you are on your way to completing your journey and let this great forum help you get throu

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

gh it!

Most Active