Tummy discomfort/pain 14 months after TT and hernia repair

impete
on 10/29/14 5:32 am

I had a tummy-tuck and hernia repair about 14 months ago and have had a constant tightness around my tummy area since then.  I tried physio, chiro and bio-kinetics but nothing seems to work.  There was a bit of temporary relief from massage therapy called myofascia release but it was short-lived.  I now have a sore back and hamstring pain since trying to sort my core and tummy muscles and pain out so I am getting quite desperate.  Have had some success with dry-needling and kinesio-tape as well although it all seems very temporary.  Now someone is recommending deep-laser treatment as they think that it is scar tissue that is making me feel like this discomfort/pain but apparently it is quite dangerous as it can burn one.  With quite a lot of the nerves having been cut I have a fair amount of numbness in the tummy are and so am concerned that I might only realise that the laser is burning me by the smell of cooking meat - my own!!  Anyone else have this problem or even better - the solution?

Mell
on 10/31/14 1:28 am

I had built up scar tissue on my right side that caused tightness and nerve pain, I had an in office revision he cut it all out and restitched I am all good now!  

That was January so it might come back but so far so good. My doc said sometimes weird scar tissue will build around sutures.  Good luck.

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

impete
on 11/2/14 12:00 am

thanks was the scar tissue on top or under the skin?  If under then how did they diagnose it - with a scan?

thanks

Mell
on 11/3/14 1:50 am

It was under the skin, he could feel it and made a judgement call.  I do not think there is any real way to check, it is mostly their experiences.

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

wls2011
on 12/9/14 7:12 am - Ballston Lake, NY

I had a lot of tightness and discomfort from my TT also. I had a lot of numbness and general discomfort with the way my skin felt stretched all the time. I was not too happy about the surgery complications or disruption to feeling normal. At about 12 months post op, I just had a revision of the scars, removal of a seroma cavity, along with gallbladder removal, and hernia repair, and my stomach is much better now. The scars are softer and more symmetrical and thinner now, so I think that helps, but also I had a huge seroma cavity was the weird and floppy and that was fixed. I don't know but overall the revision solved a lot. I do have tightness and knot around the belly button though again where the hernia was fixed. 

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Most Active