Tummy tuck Anchor incision. Worth it?

MeliT
on 10/24/14 9:17 pm - Miami, FL

Lol girl I've lived my whole life in modesty not by choice but my cir****tance and low self esteem and weight. Shoot, if I finally get a body I can fit into a bikini I'm absolutely gonna wear a bikini! 

Laura in Texas
on 10/26/14 12:21 am

Some surgeons can do wonders without the vertical scar. My surgeon is one of them. After losing 200 pounds I thought I would need it, but I didn't. I probably could have gotten my 25-inch waist back had I had it done (my waist measurement when I was this weight in my 20's), but I can live with a 27-inch waist. I am glad I do not have the vertical scar.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MeliT
on 10/26/14 12:33 am - Miami, FL

thats really interesting. my thing is, if i can get a good result with the regular TT and lipo i would prefer it. not only bc of the scare but its $3,000 more for that damn scar!!

MeliT
on 10/26/14 12:34 am - Miami, FL

also i've never had a small waist. ever. so anything they give me that is normal size is a blessing for me.

Sherrie P.
on 10/26/14 7:33 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I have a vertical scar and it doesn't bother me. This body isn't getting in a bikini. I have too many stretch marks for that - so my sexy flat tummy is a mess from the stretch marks. I knew this going in and just wanted to lose as much skin as possible. Success.

No wrong answers, just different cir****tances/views.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

MeliT
on 10/28/14 9:45 pm - Miami, FL

yeah for me its the same. i really am doing this more to feel comfortable in my own skin. not really to look bikini ready.

hollykim
on 10/26/14 7:34 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I am certainly not a plastic surgeon,but common sense tells me a woman can't have a baby and her skin stretch to the point that it does,and it not ruin a abdominal plastic surger. 

that being said,I had a LBL inJanuary of this year and my surgeon said a 15# loss. Or gain would not make any difference but more than that either way would. He said at least I didn't have to worry about getting pregnant. 

I don't have a clue about your surgeons,but I wonder if they are saying that cause they just want the money and aren't really concerned with. If you ever get pregnant. 

My plastics were expensive and well worth the. Money but I would not want to have a pregnancy after the beautiful. Work I had done. 

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/26/14 3:39 pm - Windsor, Canada

Hi. 

I am 2.5 weeks out of the anchor "fleur de lis" tt with muscle repair.  My doc said it would be the best thing since I had 2 large folds of skin.  One above the belly button, 1 below (panni) and technically my mons was a roll of it's own too.  I had diastatis recti too so he wanted to do the Muscle repair and get me as pulled in as can be.  

I am very pleased.  If my scar looks this good early out, I can only imagine how good it will be in a year.  Message me is you have any questions  or want to add me on Facebook. (I can add you to some great groups) 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

MeliT
on 10/26/14 9:13 pm - Miami, FL

Hey dawn! I just joined the fb TT group and asked the same question on there :) great group. I'm so happy to have found it!!

are you done having kids? I was planning on trying for another in a year but with the things I'm hearing it seems like it will take months  and months for everything to heal.

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/27/14 12:44 am - Windsor, Canada

I don't have kids but personally I wouldn't think it would be worth it to have a tt and ten have kids.  I would think you'd be all stretching again. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active