Fleur De Lis Anyone?

gabriellaz
on 11/8/14 1:19 pm, edited 11/8/14 1:20 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

I agree. I am not worried about the scars I just want the best results. How exciting. It's almost time! Best of wishes to you. Please keep us posted. Gabbz 

housepony19
on 12/16/20 3:58 am

I see that this is a pretty old thread that I just started following. For those of you that opted for the fleur de lis procedure, I would like to know your thoughts about it years later. I am not a bariatric patient, just a divorced mom with 3 grown kids whose weight has fluctuated a lot over the years. I have a lot of excess skin. I feel that I'm not an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck, as I'm not at my goal weight (I'm within 30 or 40 lbs of my goal weight). But I need a hysterectomy & found out that it is possible to kill two birds with one stone & have both surgeries done on the same day. I'll never be able to take 6 weeks off from work for an elective surgery, so I'm strongly considering doing this. I've been given the option of having the fleur de lis or regular tummy tuck. Was leaning towards the more invasive procedure to get the best result, BUT...found out that during the pandemic, NO overnight hospital stays are being authorized! Instead of putting me at risk on a recovery floor with COVID patients, I will be sent home THE SAME DAY. This terrifies me because I have no caretaker. One of my kids might be able to stay with me the first night or two, but these are irresponsible boys in their early twenties...not the same as having a nurse. So I need to know more about what your recovery was like. What can I expect? Is this whole thing a bad idea? Would any of you considered the FDLTT under these cir****tances? Have any of you had a hysterectomy & what was THAT recovery like? I am hoping to have something scheduled for January or February.

Most Active