Fleur De Lis Anyone?

gabriellaz
on 10/29/14 10:49 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

Thank you so much Dr. Domanskis

Tammy D.
on 10/29/14 9:23 pm

I had abdominoplasty, fleur de lis cut, 14 months ago.  My scar is visible the same amount as other scars I have-->so look to your previous healings to see how you will do. 

My surgeon was able to pull up the front half of mons. I did not have the lower body lift so the butt and remainder of mons are still loose, no change to inner or outer thighs.

I absolutely _love_ the flat tummy and waist line.  For me, they are well worth the scar.

Good luck on your decision!

Century Club: Thanksgiving Day 25November2010  I am truly grateful
Diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, and GERD resolved along the way. 
Onederland:  Citizen & permanent resident 17Dec2010  
'Normal' BMI range reached 26July2011
18 Month Surgiversary 148# BMI 23  26Nov2011

··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··
   ·><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>·
   ··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··

gabriellaz
on 11/1/14 12:16 pm, edited 11/1/14 12:16 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

T.D. So happy to hear that you love your results. I can't wait to have a flat tummy. I already made my decision and told my surgeon I am going to go with a fdl. Thank you for your response. Gabbz

Linda B.
on 10/31/14 3:04 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Hey Gabbz,

It is good to "see" you posting. I am trying to work out the plastics thing myself. Mike is going to take some photos for me to send to a couple of PS's this weekend. I needed to find a 2 piece bathing suit. Well, hello clearance rack. It doesn't match, but it isn't like I'm going to really swim in it.

I had a mini TT/Panni last year, it didn't cost me anything (I volunteered for a research study), but it didn't take care of much. I have heard those who have had the fleur de lis have been quite happy with their results. So, who are you going with for the PS?

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

gabriellaz
on 10/31/14 3:20 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

Hello Linda, It's been a while. Great to hear from you. I am having my surgery with Dr. Ron Hazani. He does surgeries out of Beverly Hills, Palmdale, Rancho Cucamonga. I was going to go to Mexico myself but as soon as my friend referred him to me and I went in for my free consultation I was very happy with the price and happy with how sweet Dr. Hazani is. He also specializes in plastics after weightloss surgery. You can look him up he has a website. Best of wishes Linda. I will keep you updated on my status 😄

stoutts
on 11/1/14 11:48 am

Visited several Drs locally. The one I finally chose is going to do the FDL.  I was convinced before I did not want that scar and just wanted a TT. After meeting with this Dr. (he's written books and articles & lectures around the world about fld) of course now that's what I want. Because of the amount of contouring he suggested this. Of course he's more expensive but I think in the long run it will save money because I won't need as many other procedures.  Good luck!

gabriellaz
on 11/1/14 12:07 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

Stouts, I completely agree. That's what I told my doctor. I rather do a fdl and be completely happy with my results even if I do have a scar instead of not being being happy with a regular tummy tuck and having to have a revision later. Thank you. Good luck to you too.

Laura in Texas
on 11/1/14 11:31 pm

It looks like you made your decision. From your pictures, it looks like your shape is already good and I would not think you need the fdl. I hope you asked for before/afters from your surgeon and he does good belly buttons. Belly buttons are hard for some to do correctly with the fdl. I have seen too many flat belly buttons like THIS one.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

gabriellaz
on 11/2/14 1:16 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

Laura, Spanx does wonders for me, lol. But I definitely need it. I have seen many pictures of his work and read reviews from his previous patients, all good. Thank you for responding. You look great. 

Needanewbeginning
on 11/5/14 3:42 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Well, just went for my last preop visit with my surgeon before my tummy tuck on November 21. We went over the procedure once again and of course all the risks. He actually asked me if I was interested in the fleur de lies!  So, who knows, he said it may be best for my situation and to give me the best results. So it truly is individual right? 

We left it that he will see how things go in surgery but I told him to do what he thought would give me the best results. Scars are not an issue for me. He said most of his patients do have a problem with scars. I told him I sure don't I want results, scars I don't care, I am not ever wearing a two piece.

To be continued.....November 21st we shall see what I get then! 

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active