I need a full body overhaul, oh but the cost

Linda B.
on 10/26/14 2:12 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Yes, I have considered him. If I were to chuck my fear of medical tourism out the window, he would be the only surgeon in Mexico I would even consider.  I know he does great work, and I have heard great things about the aftercare, but the thought of traveling that far from home for major surgery scares the heck out of me.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Crazeru
on 10/31/14 8:57 am

I have Kaiser.  My PCP ordered my labs and wrote me scripts for pain meds.  I did have my niece pull my last drain and take my stitches as my PCP got in trouble having her NP take out my stitches the first time. 

I think Kaiser does have to treat you if there is a major problem.  I've been in Dr Sauceda's OR 3 time and had textbook recoveries all 3 times.  I was almost 59 when I had my first PS and 61 for my UBL.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Jennifer K.
on 10/27/14 1:48 am - Phoenix , AZ

It is expensive for sure. Like you I was not interested in medical tourism... just too much risk to save money. I have worked various 2nd jobs before I had WLS and continue to this day to pay for plastic surgery. It was not until 5 years out I had my first procedure - an extended TT with lipo, this past July I had my second round - BA/BL and arm lift. Over all I have spent around $32,000. Next will be a thigh lift then I am done. I opened a Care Credit account... their interest rate is INSANE but they offer specials, both times I had 12 months no interest... first surgery I put the majority on the Care Credit and paid the rest in cash. For this surgery I put the majority on Care Credit and received an offer thru my bank for a credit card with 12 months no interest, put the balance on that. I plan on paying both off before the free interest period ends. I was overwhelmed at my first consult at the overall cost.. it kept me from having my first round of PS for a while.. then I realized I just needed to decide what was most important to me, do it and pay it off then decide if I wanted to go forward with any future procedures.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Most Active