Exercise Addicts? How did you handle it?

Stacy_WLS
on 9/26/14 4:43 am

Hi everyone :)

I'm a complete workout fiend.  I workout typically 6-10 hours per week.  It relaxes me and just makes me feel good & strong.  I am having the works done in 6 weeks! :) (so excited)!  But I will have to take it super easy for at least 6 week.  I'm kind of terrified of not being able to workout.  

Are there any other exercise addicts out there?  How did you handle the recovery?  How long until you were able to get back to workout out?  How much fitness did you lose during recovery?  

Thanks!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Laura in Texas
on 9/27/14 12:38 am

I was an exercise fiend pre-plastics. but I reminded myself how much money I was spending on my plastics and it made me relax about not exercising. Some people go back to walking early out. I really did nothing for 3 months and was fine with it. I gave my body time to heal. This is for a lifetime. A few months will not make a difference in the scheme of things. Try to relax about it and focus on your recovery. 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

ravenbrown
on 9/29/14 1:57 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I agree.  It's a ton of money, and I didn't want to screw up anything.  I was fairly active my entire recovery because I have a toddler.  Mommy has a booboo doesn't stop her running around, screaming and throwing fits :)  For the first couple weeks, you're going to be really tired.  You might wake up feeling pretty normal after a week or so, then you'll go to the store or something and it will just exhaust you.  Be kind to yourself and take it easy.  I'm terrible at both of those things, but they are necessary for a good recovery.

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/14 5:07 am

I usual

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307

Newport Beach, California 92660

949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca)

Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California

(Irvine)

Orange County's Physician of Excellence/America's Top Physicians/Top Doctors

Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013

President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

ly let my patients start exercising everything but the area of surgery within about three weeks post-op. I recommend immobilizing the part with binder, spanx to help support it. I have seen few breakdowns with this approach.

Most Active