Abdominal surgery after LBL

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/20/14 4:34 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Has anyone had other abdominal surgery after a TT or LBL? I might have to have a hysterectomy eventually, my OBGYN has been after me to do it for a few years now and I was/am resisting but it may be coming down to the point of no choice if my uterus continues to grow. It is apparently double the size of 'normal' and may start to erode neighbours. Anyway, as in most lap abdominal surgeries they blow you up like a baloon so that they and their super robot Da Vinci can 'see', would that blowing up impact the effects of the muscle tightening I got with the TT part of the LBL? 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

diminimus
on 9/21/14 12:44 am, edited 9/21/14 12:44 am
Ihearttennis
on 9/21/14 12:44 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Sorry I can't offer any advice. I haven't a clue. I did have a hysterectomy a few years ago and it wasn't bad. I went to my son's baseball game the next day and just took it easy. 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

diminimus
on 9/21/14 12:53 am

I can't say for certain but I had laproscopic surgery a few weeks ago and everything looks and feels very much the same as before. I like that my scars are lower on the abdomen, even with the bottom of my belly button with one just below the belly button. I don't know if this is the surgeon or my new anatomy. I'm grateful either way as it is my fourth laproscopic abdominal surgery. I had a LBL about 18 months ago.

hollykim
on 9/21/14 1:42 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I guess I would check with my plastic surgeon but I wonder can't they remove it vaginally?

Laura in Texas
on 9/21/14 1:59 am

My sil is having this done in a few weeks. They are removing hers vaginally but they still have to put the probes in the abdomen and blow up her belly to get it done.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

emelar
on 9/21/14 12:04 pm - TX

I had a kidney removed laparascopically about 9 months after the LBL.  No change at all - except for the fact that I was supremely pissed off about scarring my brand new torso!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/22/14 1:52 am
VSG on 10/09/12

As long as it stays flat! Scars on me become pretty invisible so I'm good with that... Just don't want to lose the flatness from being blown up like a balloon!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Laura in Texas
on 9/22/14 4:06 am

I think you will be fine. I know several people who had a baby after their tummy tucks and still look great.

Relax!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

twins4meplus1
on 9/22/14 5:01 am - St Thomas, Canada

If the procedure is laparscopic after a few weeks you probably won't notice except for the small scars. I know lots of post ops who have had laparscopic procedures with no ill effects.

Unfortunately I was not so lucky I had an Intussusception that required open abdominal surgery to resection my bowel. I had a Fleur de Lis tummy tuck in 2009. My scar was almost invisible and my tummy as flat as a board. Well not anymore. They opened my abdomen from just under my breasts to the pelvic line. I now have a huge hernia and abdominal rectus diastasis or separation of the abdominal muscles and an ugly scar. I am so mad even though it was unavoidable. I have talked to my Plastic Surgeon and he is willing to step in when they do the repair but it will probably cost me out of pocket again. Sorry to rant but this is a sore topic for me.

Linda 

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

Most Active