Marena garment sizing help

lolawynne
on 9/18/14 1:25 pm
VSG on 09/25/12

Hi all,

I'm having an LBL done in a couple of weeks and I'm having trouble with compression garment sizing. I ordered a large and it fits fairly comfortably now, it's tight but not terribly so. I'm thinking it might be too loose post-surgery...does that sound possible? The calculator on the Marena site said to get an XL, but that's using my current measurements.

Thoughts? How do I figure out what size I'll need post surgery?

thanks!

RobynJC
on 9/18/14 7:56 pm, edited 9/18/14 7:57 pm

That sounds about right to me. You will swell post op, so the L size will likely feel tighter then. It isn't Spanx, so that tight sucked in feeling you may get with Spanx like garments isn't so much the goal as is support and gentle compression to reduce edema.  Also remember, you will be in thus garment like 23 hours a day. What is tolerable for 8 hours may be torture at 23 day after day.  

I found the sizing guides to be off too, and ordered one size down from their suggestion. It worked great for me (I have had a LBL, thigh lift, arms and breasts. Used Marena items for all of those) they are the most comfy brand. 

Good of luck to you!

cutekatie
on 9/19/14 12:10 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I find it interesting that you have to go buy your own garments. My plastic surgeon provided them as part of the cost.

With that said I was in an extra large (I'm 183 pounds) for the first week and then switched over to a Large because the nurse said it was too loose. The large I'm wearing now is stretched out so if when I go back on Tuesday I have to keep wearing a garment I'll probably need a medium.

I would go with the smaller size because you want it tight to help with swelling. I would also ask your surgeon how many inches he is expecting to remove as your measurements are going to change.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Sherrie P.
on 9/21/14 10:09 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I think you will be fine. You will be swollen after surgery. My hips were 5 inches bigger and my waist was 3 inches bigger.

I got a mirena garment and had to return it because my arms and my chest size don't jive together. I couldn't get the sleeves small enough. I had to return it and they were very nice.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Most Active