Arm Lift Scar?

Kdiva
on 9/6/14 1:46 pm - Margate, FL

Sherri your results are amazing for only 9 days......

DS: 5/28/14

HW: 310

SW: 302

CW: 160 ( 1 year post-op) 160 lbs gone

MyLady Heidi
on 9/6/14 10:49 pm

tank tops in summer are magical.  do it.

TeashaLorna
on 9/6/14 10:56 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

I did last Dec TT and arm lift and I am so glad I did. I can wear sleeveless tops WHOOT WHOOT and the scars are not bad at all. I put coconut sunblock 50 on them every day and it keeps them moist and keeps them from getting a tan scar. My Dr believes by next spring you won't be able to see them at all. Right now you have to really look for them. So I say a very big go for it!!!!!!

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Laura in Texas
on 9/6/14 11:05 pm

My arms were my favorite surgery. My scars do not bother me. At 48 and after losing 200 pounds, I still get tons of compliments on my arms. Even from people who see me everyday, which I think is weird...lol.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

David147
on 7/4/15 3:23 am

very surgeon reconstructive plastic surgeon has their own way of doing reconstructive plastic surgery. Some plastic surgeons  prefer to place their arm lift or brachioplasty incision in the inner arm between the biceps and triceps.   The incision extends from the armpit to the elbow.  The beauty of this type of armlift or brachioplasty incision is that the incision is hidden. This is because we usually hold our arms down by our sides.  With the arms held at our sides, this arm lift incision and resultant scar are concealed. The beauty of positioning the scar between the biceps and triceps is that it is rarely visible and is typically visible only when one’s arms are raised. However, some reconstructive plastic surgeons prefer to place their incision on the back of the arm. Typically, the incision is placed on the back of the arm or triceps region.  Technically,  I find this technique easier to perform and may have less risks of wound breakdown. 

Most Active