Probable scar tissue?

Cinn
on 8/25/14 6:02 am - MI

Had a LBL a year ago June. All healed now but on my right side, below my belly button halfway between it and my hip, is a hard ball or bump inside. It does not hurt. I'm assuming it's scar tissue? Anyone else have something like this?

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

cutekatie
on 8/25/14 7:03 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I had this happen when I had my RNY surgery. It was the spot where the camera went in. It dented in and was exactly as you describe - a hard lump under the skin.

When I went for a plastics consult the surgeon mentioned he could remove that if I wanted to so maybe go back to your plastic surgeon and see if he can remove it.

I was more concerned about the dent then how it felt underneath.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Cinn
on 8/25/14 7:19 am - MI

Thanks. I had a dent from RNY, too, but it got cut off when I had my lower body lift! I bet this is the area they went in for liposuction or something like that. It doesn't protrude outward, I can just feel the large lump under the skin. About golf ball sized. I wouldn't have surgery just to have it removed. You know, I had a seroma after my LBL, so he had to go back in. That could be it, too. I was just hoping others would confirm that it's probably scar tissue.

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

RobynJC
on 8/25/14 9:13 am

I had a 1/2 golf ball sized lump at the end of my incision on my leg after my lower body lift.  I went to a massage therapist a few times where she concentrated on the "ball" for about 20 minutes each time.  It is gone now.  Maybe consider getting some massages, or even doing the area yourself on a regular basis and the ball may go away for you too (although massages are WAY more relaxing!!)  :-)  

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/14 7:21 am

It sounds like that is what you are experiences. You may have had some fat necrosis there or small hematoma/seroma that has formed that. A cortisone injection there should soften it for you.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

David147
on 7/4/15 3:34 am

It is thickened tissue caused by the healing of a wound or irritation. It can be bad depending on where it is located and if it is keloidal (lumpy) or not. But usually it doesn't cause any trouble other than the way it looks.

Most Active