Surgery Planned with Dr. Sauceda

lifeaftergastricbypas
on 8/28/14 12:39 am

Thank you. I'll check it out.

Trish06
on 8/27/14 8:58 am
DS on 12/06/12

I just got back on Monday from having an lbl, al, bl, ba and long thigh lift in Mexico I could not of asked for a better doctor or care!

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 8/14/2014

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

lifeaftergastricbypas
on 8/28/14 12:41 am

Wow Trish. That is amazing. I hope you are feeling well and recovery goes quickly for you. Thank you for replying. I love all of the great comments about Dr. Sauceda. Was language a concern for you or do you speak spanish?

Trish06
on 8/28/14 5:25 am
DS on 12/06/12

I do not speak any Spanish and got by just fine, the doctor speaks english and so do many of the nurses enough so we got by. I put an app on my phone I. Case I needed it. Thanks for your well wishes each day I feel better. Best of luck with your plastic surgery.

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/14 1:19 am

My concern about having surgery in another country is what happens for follow up appointments or if a revision is needed?  I spoke to my family doctor about this and she said that most local surgeons will not want to touch me post op if they did not perform the procedure because they don't know exactly what and how it was performed. 

What has your experience been with this?

Trish06
on 8/29/14 2:16 am
DS on 12/06/12

I seen my pcp before going to make she would help me here. I also wanted pain med to take with me in case I needed something stronger then what they give in Mexico. My stitches come out next Thursday and I still have 2 drains in but I could not of asked for things to have gone better. The revisions are handled the same there as they are at any other plastic surgeons.

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/14 2:57 am

OK, so any revision you need, you would go back to original doctor in Mexico?  In that case, for me, any savings on the procedure would be lost in having to make a second trip to Mexico?

This is what I am wondering about???

Trish06
on 8/29/14 3:41 am
DS on 12/06/12

I would go back to Mexico yes. I did not go to Mexico for the savings a lone,  Dr. Sauceda is one of the best in his field and I would had to travel from home to find any doctor that was used to dealing with wls patients. Good luck with your research.

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

sweetummies
on 8/27/14 2:06 pm

Chiming in as another Dr. S patient.  I had an AL, small TL, LBL, and BA/BL almost 18 months ago and had a wonderful recovery and outcome.  While I enjoyed the price, it was the sheer volume of testimonials and real time experiences being shared on the OH help page that convinced me.  The surgery itself with the twilight sedation was great - was like waking up from a long nap and feeling completely rested and not in any pain.  I was off pain pills in a few days.  I saw a nurse and the doctor every day I was in Mexico (12 days) - you don't get that here.  My husband was a skeptic (as were many in my family) and he came with me.  By the end of the trip he admitted the care was superb and far beyond anything I would have gotten here. 

The travel was not ideal and I did have a panic attack once I got there about what I was doing so far away from home, but I would have had fear about any surgery no matter where it was.  Being able to "talk" to so many patients who post and write about their experiences made all the difference for me.  I knew exactly what to expect - including that there could be complications or unanticipated results.  Not everyone loves Dr. S; if they did, I would think we were all part of a cult!  But it was having that ability to read all opinions and the sheer volume of them that were positive that made me select him.  The price was a bonus.  I feel privileged to have been his patient.  He made me feel normal and love my body again.

Crazeru
on 8/28/14 9:34 am

What a glowing report!  I think it also helps to be able to speak to Dr Sauceda's patients and see their untouched before and after photos.  When folks come to the consults, there are several post ops that are willing to let you see first hand, the scars, what is done and how it's done.

What I didn't like about surgery in the states, was to have 2 procedures done, and sent home with a pain pump.  I live by myself.  In Mexico, I came out of recovery and was in a private room with 24/7 RN care with the Dr's cell phone number next to the phone if I needed him for any reason.  I had a cheat sheet of phrases English->Spanish and Spanish

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active