Arm Lift...anyone?

CandaceHasCurves
on 8/8/14 11:48 am - Alexandria, VA

Hi all!

I consulted with a surgeon yesterday about an arm lift, and I'd really like to hear from folks who have had the surgery...I'm especially interested in finding anyone who has had lipo and/or lift on their forearms? The surgeon suggested it, but it's my understanding that procedure is extremely uncommon...in fact, the surgeon has never done it before and said that would be the case for most plastic surgeons...not that that makes me feel any more confident about it? ha!

Please help!

thanks!!

C

CandaceHasCurves
on 8/10/14 3:55 am - Alexandria, VA

No one? :(

sweetvania
on 8/10/14 5:53 am - mississauga, Canada

I had an arm lift done in February but lipo was done only on the upper arms before  the elbow.   Id be happy to answer any questions you have if you'd like and as well good choice in procedures.  Ive done arm lift, thigh lift and tummy tuck.  

RNY 07/05/11 dr klein!!! love it soo happy xxoo!!
jeterway
on 8/10/14 7:22 am

I had an arm lift a year ago but only the part above the elbow.  The area below the elbow shrank on its own.  I guess there is a little extra skin but not enough to want the scar there.  The scar on my upper arms is hidden on the inside and it truly is difficult for anyone to see unless I lift my arms.  I would imagine that a scar on the lower arms would be very visible - I wouldn't want that unless the skin on that section of my arms was horrible.

AZDee
on 8/10/14 3:00 pm - Gilbert, AZ

I had a arm lift 4/13 it was the upper arms only.  Lower arms are still a little wrinkly but the trade off of a longer scar was not worth it for me.  I have pictures posted on my profile if you want to see them.  I do have a friend who had a longer arm lift. Dr Fisher from San Antonio did hers...you can check out this procedure on realself.com and ask the question to other Plastic Surgeons, the pros and cons of having it done.  I have heard that it may compromise your lymphatic system having the longer cut.  That's why I would ask the question to the Plastic Surgeons, they will know...

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/14 8:43 am

Different patient accumulate fat/excess skin in different areas. It is not uncommon for me to do lipo in the forearm in conjunction with upper arm lipo and/or brachioplasty. It is unusually to extend the scar in the forearm though.

Most Active