Panniculectomy this week, and nervous!

BrennaRawks
on 8/3/14 11:24 pm - CT
RNY on 10/03/12

Hello everyone! I'm new to the plastics forum but wanted to ask for some advice.

I'm having my panniculectomy this Wednesday! Holy nerves, Batman! I never ever in my life dreamed I'd one day be having plastic surgery. It feels a bit surreal to be honest. Although I feel I'm well prepared on what to expect for the surgery itself and the initial healing/recovery period, beyond that, I'm at a loss. I have quite literally had this overhanging gut for as long as I can remember. It's going to be strange to be rid of it.

Any advice for dealing with the pre-op jitters, and the first few weeks of healing? It sounds silly to me, but I'm thinking that I should head down to the thrift shop for some comfy elastic waist pants for the immediate after period. It occurred to me that I only own one pair of shorts that would not be snug with swelling. Any tips you folks who are more experienced could pass on to this newb would be pure awesomeness. As I'm sure you can all understand and relate to, it's been such a wild journey losing all this weight and now shedding the "skin suit" that came with it. 

HW: 355 SW: 321 CW: 142 GW: 130

Lap RNY 10/3/12   Panniculectomy 8/6/14

Each day holds new victories!

MeliT
on 8/4/14 12:33 am - Miami, FL

i don't have any advice but i really want to get to where you're at right now. i'm hoping for and planning for next year. i would love to read about your journey pre and post op. do you have a blog on here or elsewhere?

Bronco0605
on 8/11/14 1:00 am

Good luck I hope all goes well! See you on the other side! 

Natalie2010
on 8/12/14 12:16 pm

Having mine done this Thurs...so nervous.  I Pm'd u.  How did it go?

BrennaRawks
on 8/18/14 10:06 am - CT
RNY on 10/03/12

Figured I'd update this. My surgery went well. My recovery has been somewhat complicated because 2 days prior to it, I was (finally!) diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, which for anyone who may not know, is an autoimmune disease. It's a balance between my plastic surgeon and my rheumatologist, figuring out the best healing for me surgically vs treating the pain and halting the progression of my RA. 

Other than that, it's been pretty smooth. My staples and 1 of 2 drains came out today. I'm quite happy about that. I'm adjusting to my new belly area. I keep reminding myself that it's still swollen, and I've got some time yet before I'm all healed up and see my final results. Doesn't help when my older kids tell me I look pregnant. Yeah, thanks, guys. *eye roll*

HW: 355 SW: 321 CW: 142 GW: 130

Lap RNY 10/3/12   Panniculectomy 8/6/14

Each day holds new victories!

cutekatie
on 8/18/14 10:32 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Thats aewsome. I had a tummy tuck on Friday and still have my drains in. Did it hurt when the tubes came out?

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active