If insurance covers only one procedure can I have another at the same time?

greensleeved
on 7/27/14 7:46 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Hi, This is my first post on the plastics board because I only had my VSG 2 1/2 weeks ago, but I am hoping to have a breast reduction and tummy tuck at some point. I have always been large breasted - and my largest size was a 48 H. Even at 145 lbs I was a D or DD and now they are super saggy (like 2 inches from my navel). I think my insurance may pay for a reduction but I don't know if that will be the case if I lose too much weight. I'm thinking of trying to have it over Christmas break when I'll be over half way to my goal. If they shrink more after that then so be it - I am sick of them.

My question is, if insurance pays for the reduction can I pay for a panniculectomy at the same time? After my self-pay VSG I haven't got the money for all of this so I was hoping to do them simultaneously. Surgery freaks me out (getting a IV puts me into a panic) and I'd rather just get it all overwith and not have to do it twice.  Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Irisher
on 7/27/14 2:31 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 12/27/12

It depends on your plastic surgeon. Many will perform multiple procedures during a single surgery and it's not uncommon on this board to hear of people having various combinations of breast, arm, tummy, leg, and booty work at once. As for having work done before you are at or very near goal, I'd reconsider. The last thing you want is get to goal and find that your breasts are super saggy again, your panni has returned, and there's no insurance money for a do-over. Try to be patient (I know how hard it is!) and do it right the first time. You'll be glad you did. In the meantime, roll it all up and stuff it in a bodyshaper

DeeNY52
on 7/29/14 10:57 am

My doctor's office tells us to wait for one year after we make goal before getting plastic surgery to make sure we can maintain our loss and our skin has tightened.  Seriously, at only 2.5 weeks out you may be thinking of plastics too soon.

chris53212
on 7/29/14 12:08 pm

You can if the surgeon is willing.  You do run the risk of insurance audit and refusing to pay part or all of the procedure that they approved.  My surgeon was will in to eat the cost if that happens (I have had a lot of PS with him).

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/14 3:43 am

Yes, you can pay for another if insurance pays for one but you should try and have your plastic surgeon get coverage for both of them!

Most Active