Please weigh-in if you have had breast augmentation - thanks!

MyBariatricLife
on 7/22/14 10:09 am

I have one surgery left for breast augmentation. For those who've had it already, please weigh-in with the following:

Bra size before

Your age

Your height

Your weight

Size of implant in cc

Profile (mod, high)

Shape (round or contour)

Material (silicon or saline)

Bra size afterwards

Would you change anything?

I understand if you do not want to answer some of the questions. I am just trying to find people who are my age and size to get a better idea of the implant size relative to your body composition. It seems to me that younger women can get away with larger implants but more mature women not so much. 

Thanks so much. I have been thinking about my breasts for over a year, since I had my tummy tuck. And I want them to be perfectly sized, not too big, not too small. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 7/22/14 1:29 pm - Davison, MI

I had them for 13 years and than had to have them removed.  I didn't know than that they have a 10 year "shelf-life"  I thought it was just me but have since learned what happened wasn't abnormal.  They were silicon and I just had gotten them when the big silicon recall/lawsuit happened.  I got the letter for "free" removal but, I wasn't about to lose them.  I was flat, back to flat again, and it was before my WLS and the last  couple big loss/gain cycles.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MyBariatricLife
on 7/22/14 7:03 pm

I have read on the Mentor site on their product insert that there is a 10 yr average shelf life. They actually have a chart about explants, how many people at each year (5 yr post op etc) have had them replaced. I believe it also lists the reason, such as capsular contraction. 

Do you plan to get implants at some point again?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

chris53212
on 7/24/14 9:21 am

Bra size before  36 D or 38 C

Your age  50

Your height  5 feet 7 inches

Your weight  165

Size of implant in cc   190

Profile (mod, high)  mod

Shape (round or contour)  round

Material (silicon or saline)  silicon

Bra size afterwards  I am thinking I am staying about the same.........I am only 2 weeks out

Would you change anything?   I would love to been slightly bigger but didn't want to change top or bra sizes   I carry all of my weight on the top.  I am a size 4 on the bottom and 14 on top. 

MyBariatricLife
on 7/28/14 8:39 am

Our stats are very similar. I am bigger on top, too. I wear all XS and S tops because I only buy shirts and sweaters that stretch. If something was fitted to my bust it would be huge on my core. Oddly enough jackets always fit. 

Is 190 cc what your surgeon recommended? If so, why?

thanks very much!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

chris53212
on 7/28/14 11:47 am

my goal was to be a c to D cup and no bigger.............again I am a large on top and with narrow hips any bigger would make me look like I am following over plus I have back issues.  I left it in the hands of the surgeon since he has been doing this for many year.  He decided based on what look good and natural on the table.  I was surprise that it was only 190 cc.............I though it would be around 300.  I am only 3 weeks out and go back and forth if I like them or not.............so I am going to wait 3 months to make a final decision on them. 

MyBariatricLife
on 7/28/14 11:56 am

I have narrow hips, too. I wanted big breasts for the longest time. I was thinking of going 36DDD or DDDD. A few women who are more mature in age tried to talk me out of it. And a few plastic surgeons on RS said I would have sagging problems rather quickly with a big implant. So I did an experiment where I wore a bombshell bra from VS for a few weeks that made me a 36DDD. Then I wore one that made me a 36DDDD for a few weeks. I really liked the way I looked in the mirror. Then I saw some photos that my daughter took of me and thought they looked too huge. The clincher was when I took the bra off and went back into my unpadded bra, I felt and looked so much thinner. That pretty much sealed the deal for me, on top of everything else.

I think initially I was looking at 450 but then downsized to 375. I now want to go for the Vectra 3D imagining to see what different sized implants will look like. For me there dis a fine line between too small, too big, and just right.

Your breasts will change an incredible amount. One woman I know looked awful after surgery. Just awful! And after a few months, I don't recall how long, her breasts are gorgeous. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

chris53212
on 7/28/14 2:09 pm

whatever the results turn out to be it will be 1000x better than before surgery.  I am so fortunate to have been able to have PS, I didn't think it would be possible but my health insurance has been kind to me...........allowing me to spend my money on implants.  I can't begin to express how graceful I am. 

ravenbrown
on 7/23/14 12:00 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I think you already know all my implant info, but here it is in list form.

Bra size before - 32D or 34C depending on how the cups were shaped

Your age - 33

Your height - 5'7

Your weight - 137-140 pounds

Size of implant in cc - 440

Profile (mod, high) - high

Shape (round or contour) - round

Material (silicon or saline) - silicone

Bra size afterwards - 32DDD (I measured last night now that I'm 3 months out)

Would you change anything? Not a flippin' thing.  I LOVE my boobs.  Yes, they are big, but I have a wide rib cage & my breasts are spaced further apart because of that - I was basically told to go with at least 400cc implants simply because of width to ensure they have the rounded out appearance that is usually preferred in breasts and it provides me with cleavage.  I'm also hourglass shaped, so big boobs look more normal (although now I'm actually kind of top heavy now).  I still wear a small in tops, a 4 in dresses, etc.  Having larger boobs didn't change that.  The only issue I've encountered is swimsuits and bras.  BUT I just wear bralets or nipple covers because I don't need support or shaping.  Basically my boobs are perfect IMO.  They are exactly what I wanted, and I couldn't possibly be happier.  In fact, I didn't actually have any idea of how much I'd love my boobs.  I was way more focused on having a flat tummy.

MyBariatricLife
on 7/28/14 8:43 am

Glad you Re in LOVE with your breasts. I hope to feel that way when I finally get my augmentation. Were you a full D before the implants, like when you took your bra off did you look like a natural D?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active