Combining LBL with Breast Augmentation

ChaChaCha
on 7/22/14 3:37 am - Cleveland, OH

I have already had a LBL and thigh lift at two different points in time.  The LBL yielded fantastic results but the thigh lift...not so much.  A surgeon is recommending that I revise my LBL so he can pull my legs vertically to get the best tension on my legs.  Makes sense to me.  Part of me wants to combine this with a breast enhancement so I won't have to have another surgery in the future...but knowing how much I had to over-rely on my arms to get around after my LBL and thigh lift, I think it might be too much.  Anyone out there combine these two procedures?  If so, how the heck did you get around?  Thank you!  

"We live in a society where it's more socially acceptable to be a junkie than it is to be overweight."     --CC Deville, guitarist for Poison    
ravenbrown
on 7/22/14 6:15 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I had LBL with BA/BL 12 weeks ago.  I used a cheap walker from Amazon to get around for the first four days, but that was mainly because of the muscle tightening (I couldn't stand straight, which was hell on my lower back).  Honestly, the breast augmentation was a bit uncomfortable, but I had no problem using my arms at all.  I'd infinitely prefer to get as much done as possible to have less recovery periods. 

MyBariatricLife
on 7/22/14 10:00 am

Just wanted to share a neat link to an application that allows you to see what your breast augmentation will look like http://www.sculptmydream.com/sculptor 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/14 3:52 am

Yes, I routinely combine procedures so the patient does not have to go through extra surgeries as long as it is safe! This decreases the overall costs for the patient and no need to go through more than one recovery.

LilyGirl06
on 7/31/14 3:41 am - Boston, MA

I'm combing an LBL and breast lift/augmentation in a two months.  My doctor said it was absolutely fine to combine the two surgeries.  Personally, I figured that since I was getting one done, why not both so that it was only one surgery and I could recover from both simultaneously rather than scheduling out two different surgeries and recovery periods.  I've read a lot of posts/reviews on realself and this surgery is nicknamed the "mommy makeover".  Quite a number of women are getting both done at once - it might be helpful to read their recovery reviews, etc.  I've gotten a lot of great info on that site - as well as here, of course!!

Most Active