6 days post op

kisersassy
on 7/21/14 11:57 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

Cant believe how time is going by so fast. I had my FLD abdominoplasty with panniculectomy and mons repair Tuesday July 15. Went for first follow up today and had 4 of the 5 drains taken out.  7 pounds was removed.  I am still experiencing pain but its manageable with the pain meds. My back hurts the worst as I am to walk hunched over for 3 weeks and I am to lay in a beach chair position in which I find my anti gravity lawn chair is my lifesaver go figure lol.  I just scooted my bed over and it works great.I will try and post pics but not quite sure how

I_am_Beautiful
on 7/21/14 4:47 pm

Congratulation!  I hope all goes well with your recover. 

Laura in Texas
on 7/21/14 10:39 pm

Awesome use of a gravity chair...lol. 

Happy healing!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MelissaYoung
on 7/23/14 2:48 pm

Glad to hear that you are getting good results from the surgery you have undergone. I am considering an abdominoplasty. I have already consulted a surgeon, Dr. Ronald Levine at Toronto. He said he will be doing some tests to check whether I am a good candidate to undergo the surgery. 

Anyway, happy healing to you! Get well soon. Please keep posting on how you are doing. Also share about the things you do to maintain the result of the surgery.

kisersassy
on 7/23/14 3:14 pm - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

I sure will. Went on Monday and had 4 of the 5 drains taken out was not fun at all. Get the last one out on the 28th. Pain isnt really bad except in my back from walking scrunched over. I couldnt tell at all about the muscle tightening so O actually called today to make sure as I thought I would be in much more pain than I am.  But I get tired easy and I love my Bliss antigravity chair it os what I have been using to sleep in. Much easier than the bed and recliner as it keeps me in the beach chair position the doctor requires for 3 weeks. I am still not allowed to lift anythingbover a pound. I posted some pics on my profile not sure of yall can see them or not and I will post more the further out i get

chris53212
on 7/24/14 9:35 am

I had no pain from the muscle tightening as well except for a pop stitch/ hematoma............that caused pain.  if it wasn't for the hematoma, I would have questioned it tooo.

kisersassy
on 7/27/14 3:09 pm - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

well I actually had to go to ER on Friday.  I was feeling fine but then on Wednesday I just started feeling really nauseous and then Thursday was a little worst, and Friday was horrific nausea, I would have said Pain meds caused it but I was hardly taking it. My temp wasn't high but was actually low like 95 point something to 96.8.  So they gave me some fluids and zofran and another antibiotic to take. My blood pressure when I got home was 106/53. Never has it been that low so needless to say I was a mess.  My incisions are looking great still, and I go tomorrow to get my last drain taken out in which I am scared to death of as they hurt so bad when taking them out. I am sure they will repack my belly button too, but maybe not.  I have 3 weeks until Nursing school starts so I have to get over this and heal.

kisersassy
on 7/27/14 3:12 pm - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

Oh and my PS is Dr. Nathan Menon in Charleston CAMC Plastic Surgery Group and he is such a nice doctor and great bedside manner. I cannot wait until we can move on and do the other procedures I need done. Oh and the pain did come back lol. I am having to take 2 pain pills a day. I think most of that may be the drain so we will see

Most Active