Just has TT#2 and body lift

daisymay228
on 7/13/14 2:18 am - LA

Today is 4 days post op from tummy tuck #2 and a full circumfrential lift. I had Exparel this time so the pain is no where near what I've had before! However, I forgot all about the swelling! Geez it's bad where the drains are. I have two in front and one in the back. I had tons of skin to remove on the first tummy tuck but decided to go with breast instead of body lift at that time. 4yrs later, the hips were still saggy skin. So while doing the body lift, my dr felt it would be good to redo the tummy tuck as if I didn't even have extra skin this time. So he was able to tighten everything even more. Anyway, I have my binding garment on and drinking tons of water. Any suggestions for swelling?

Andrea
SW 228 - lowest weight - 132 - CW 160

Gastric Sleeve - July 2009
BL/BA/TT  - August 2010
TT#2/Full circumfrential lift - July 2014

ravenbrown
on 7/13/14 11:37 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Time?  I swell a lot when I'm placed on IV fluids.  A LOT.  It took about 10 days for the majority of the swelling to abate, until I was left with the more normal swelling in my abs & around the 360 incision.  Keep drinking water and moving around as much as you can.

daisymay228
on 7/14/14 3:10 am - LA

Yes time for sure! I had to take the binding garment off :( with my first TT I didn't have this problem. I swelled, of course, but was able to keep binder on. I'm going today for an incision check bc all around my incision and drain tube ports are rock hard. Nothing is red or inflamed and my drains are clear and working, I just can't fig out why it's gotten so hard! I had to sleep with ice packs.

Andrea

BL/BA/TT  - August 2010

MyBariatricLife
on 7/14/14 3:21 pm

Don't make the mistake I did and take diuretics. I got very ill on them.

May I ask why you had a second tummy tuck and if your muscles were retightened? Thanks! Happy healing!

BTW I was swollen for months.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

daisymay228
on 7/14/14 10:19 pm - LA

Thanks for the response! My first tummy tuck went well but I had TONS of skin that hung (all my fat was in my belly) and my stomach muscles were paper thin and completely separated (from two back to back pregnancies). So that tummy tuck was a huge reconstruction of things. When I inquired about the hips and back, this surgeon said if he only did my hips and back, my stomach wouldn't match per se. For a little over a year, I have been going to the gym every single day and built up my abdominal muscles and core, a lot. So much that I created extra skin in my stomach area. So he suggested that while he's already in there doing surgery, we just redo the tummy tuck to perfect what's already there. Retighten muscles, pull the extra skin down and everything would be smooth and match the tight skin he made on the side and back. Does that make sense? Which it worked bc my previous belly button from the last tummy tuck moved down to the new tummy tuck incision in my pubic area.

Andrea

BL/BA/TT  - August 2010

Irisher
on 7/15/14 1:09 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 12/27/12

So, your belly button is now at your pubic line? Your PS didn't cut around your belly button and stitch it back in after he stretched/removed the excess skin so your belly button could stay in its natural position?

daisymay228
on 7/15/14 1:31 am - LA

Yes I have the same belly button I was born with. First tummy tuck, they cut around, stretched skin down and made a new hole for original bb. This time, they cut around again, pulled more skin down and created new hole for original bb. Old hole for bb is now down at pubic line.

Andrea

BL/BA/TT  - August 2010

Irisher
on 7/15/14 10:54 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 12/27/12

Thanks for clarifying. I'm happy and relieved to hear your belly button is in the right place! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Most Active