Seeking advice from people who have had plastics!

Merk2017
on 7/8/14 4:15 am, edited 7/8/14 4:17 am

Hello!

I am 6 months post VSG and have lost about 125lbs. I have only 40lbs to go until goal and plan/hope to be there by Decemberish. I am wondering how long everyone waited after goal to get plastics? I really want to have my work done before next summer (July Aug) and be healed in time for the summer months. I feel like this is really pushing it, does anyone have experience with plastics only 1 year out from WLS?  I have back fat/loose skin that is not going anywhere as well as lots of loose skin in my armpits/side boob area. Is there a surgery that will address this but leave the arms alone? Also does anyone know if the upper body lift will flatten all the loose skin and leftover fat on your back and is this in addition to the tummy tuck?

Thanks in advance :)

PS. The info in my ticker is all wrong and I don't know how to fix it. My stats are HW 320 CW 198 GOAL 160 I am 5'7.  Looking for breast lift and aug, back fat/skin fix, tummy, and "side boobs".

emelar
on 7/8/14 5:08 am - TX

Most PS want you to maintain your weight for some period of time - usually 6 months - before surgery.  But this is generally a recommendation, not something they insist on

Upper body lift (UBL) will address the skin along the bra line all the way around.  And yes, you can get the side boob and underarm addressed without doing the long incision down the upper arm.  The UBL is totally separate from the tummy tuck, and some surgeons won't do them at the same time because of conflicting tension between the pull on the top and the pull on the bottom.  So, you need to find a surgeon willing to do this combination at the same time.

Irisher
on 7/8/14 9:49 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 12/27/12

I waited until I reached my personal goal and was able to maintain it within a couple of pounds in either direction. My surgeon agreed that I was a good candidate at that point. I had my LBL a month ago at just about 18 months post-op from my WLS. Some surgeons like to see stable weight for a year before plastics. Good luck to you 😊

AZDee
on 7/13/14 1:16 pm - Gilbert, AZ

My Plastic Surgeon requires you to be at your desired weight, but sometimes that number can become a little blurred with all the excess skin we may have... Your Plastic Surgeon will let you know if he feels your weight is in the correct area.  It took me a whole year to decide on my surgeon and figure out the best time frame in which to have surgery and recovery, so you may want to start your planning now, it will give you that extra insentive to get to your goal weight also....Good luck on your journey....

pineview01
on 7/15/14 12:20 pm - Davison, MI

I wasn't at "goal" when I had mine.  My surgeon just cared that I was where I wanted to be.  I started with my neck lift so it wasn't a big deal.  I had stopped losing for about six months before the thigh lift.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active