Old Pix of Me Before WLS and PS - I have not seen these in 11 yrs and looking at them HURTS

MyBariatricLife
on 7/7/14 7:20 am

TY! Dr. Winslow did such amazing work giving me back a matured version of the face I had in high school. She never even saw my photos from back then, just uncovered what lie beneath all the sagging skin. Even the photos she altered of me before surgery to show me my "expected" results were not as good as the results she ultimately delivered. Her staff is so amazed. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 7/7/14 5:56 am

PS you ARE wonderful.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 7/7/14 6:04 am - Israel
It is always nice to bare our souls amongst those that can understand the similar situation.

Mikimi in Israel
MyBariatricLife
on 7/7/14 7:08 am, edited 7/7/14 7:08 am

Well said, Mikimi!!! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

indybuttercup
on 7/8/14 6:43 pm - Indianapolis, IN

amazing:) Did you have to have revisions to the skin removal on the tummy? My dr removed 15 lbs and now that swellong is down it looks like I need it removed again. he said he should have done an anchor cut but didnt think it would be this much after swelling. 

MyBariatricLife
on 7/8/14 10:45 pm

I like that your surgeon is honest with you about your results. I think it takes integrity to say " I could have done better. "  are you happy with your result or do you want the revision? The scar is something to consider. How much smaller/tighter does a/he think he can get you?

when I converted the TT to the LBL it was because I wanted the backside to match the frontside. There really wasn't more skin to be removed in the front although I did have a "fat bulge" that he did not get the first time around and could have revised in his office. 

Where I have excess is on my sides of my torso and that could require a revision to remove using a vertical torso plasty. Ortherwise my skin is tight   However I have lost 45 pounds since my tummy tuck and there is now some looseness in my abdo when I am flexed. So because of that I am getting a revision. 

I scar dark and would not want the anchor cut but some women on this forum are very happy with theirs. 

Thanks for the compliment and good luck. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

AZDee
on 7/13/14 1:30 pm - Gilbert, AZ

No flipping way can that be you...I know what you mean about the pictures hurting...It's the same with me.  Some people love the before and after pictures,  I don't.  I was offered a add campaign a couple of years ago and was horrified by the thought of my before and after pictures being in some magazine...You are a whole new woman, what ever caused you so much pain has been lifted you can tell... 

MyBariatricLife
on 7/14/14 3:33 pm

Thank you, Dee. I could not imagine being that person again. And it is not just the physical appearance of the weight, but everything that went with it -- like not being able to do certain things because I was too fat, missing out on life and good times with my family because of it. And don't even get me started on the health issues I had!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

AZDee
on 7/15/14 2:40 am - Gilbert, AZ
On July 14, 2014 at 10:33 PM Pacific Time, MyBariatricLife wrote:

Thank you, Dee. I could not imagine being that person again. And it is not just the physical appearance of the weight, but everything that went with it -- like not being able to do certain things because I was too fat, missing out on life and good times with my family because of it. And don't even get me started on the health issues I had!

I so understand, I worked hard all my life to keep the weight off...After a illness as a pre teen I went from being very underweight to gaining 40 lbs in a year.  I didn't build any muscles as a child due to being sick, so when I started gaining it was pure fat.  I battled all though high school and college.  After college I married and went to work for the airlines back in the day when we got weighed on a regular basis. So after my third baby and I quit, the weight just started to pile on, none of my "get the weight off fast" tricks worked anymore.  I saw all the commercials back in the early 2000's for WLS so I went down to Mexico and had it done.  With out the proper support and guidance it did little for me.  It wasn't until 3 years ago when I found a diet that really worked for me that I finally lost the weight.  All those years in middle when I was obese, just weren't me, it was as if I was in a "fat coma" I didn't do any of the things I used to, I didn't dress as well as I used too, I pretty much just got absorbed in raising my kids and I got lost in the way...Now I feel as if I am back to my old self, and funny thing I feel so much younger. loving life these days, the fun things I am now able to do...My new Motto is "Finish Strong" 

Most Active