What is the side of the rib area called???

Mell
on 7/7/14 1:24 am

Good Morning All!

I was wondering if you could help me, I have a huge flap of skin around my bra (ribs) area and wondered what the name of the procedure is to have it removed?

I am going to start some research because I do not want a boob job, I just want that skin removed. My boobs need help but I have generations of breast cancer in my family and honestly feel comforted at the fact that nothing can hide since they are so flip floppy!

Thanks!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

jeterway
on 7/7/14 2:33 am

Not to hijack your post.  Since you say that you have generations of breast cancer in your family, have you been tested for the breast cancer gene?  Do your doctors consider you high risk?  If so, it is possible to have some prophylactic surgery that has reconstructive surgery covered by your insurance.  I ask this because I am brca1 and used this 'illness' to my advantage after losing my weight.  If you are interested in more details, pm me.

emelar
on 7/7/14 2:50 am - TX

You're probably thinking of an upper body lift.

chris53212
on 7/7/14 10:25 am

I call it my side boobs.  I was told that although a breast lift with tighten that area up a little bit .........the area would need to be address with skin reduction from the back.  I am going in for a breast lift on Wednesday............I will let you know what happens with that area.  (PS stated that he will do some lipo in that area which might help)

David147
on 7/4/15 4:05 am

The bony part where your ribs meet in the middle is called the sternum. Downward, a little piece projects out, that is the xiphiod process. Downward from there is your rectus abdominal muscle.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/5/15 7:51 am - OH

Maybe you should stick to something that you actually know about... Or actually READ the post.  

She isn't asking about the area in the front of her body, which is what you replied about; she's asking about the area on the side of her body underneath her arm!

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Crazeru
on 7/5/15 12:19 pm

My upper body lift went from the middle of my back to just under both breasts.  It took care of the side boobage, and any extra loose skin on my upper back.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active