Tummy Tuck/Mons Lift and Laser Hair Removal

cutekatie
on 7/6/14 12:38 pm
RNY on 05/16/12

I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck/mons lift in August.

I was wondering if anyone had laser hair removal after surgery and how long you waited? Obviously I am planning on having my bikini line, stomach, maybe full brazilian.

thanks in advance.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

RobynJC
on 7/9/14 6:59 am

Laser hair treatments actually take months to go thru. The first treatment will address the hair in this cycle of growth, but it normally takes about 6 months of treatments to get more consistent results.  I had legs done befor pe my LBL and then got my bikini done after and I am glad it did. For my LBL, the doc removed INCHES of skin in my lower abs. Getting that lasered before she did that would have been a waste. And now I actually do not need to get my lower tummy done at all because the hair/skin that is there now is not as thick. 

For my bikini, I got treatments after my LBL but befor my thigh lift. The thigh lift shifted the hair line a bit (or maybe the better way to put it is that the skin that was more mons area got spread out more to now be in the bikini line. I didn't do full Brazilian) I am still happy I had did the laser before, but it will need to go in for more treatments to take care of the "hair creep".   I had my thigh lift on March 28, I am going for my first treatment since before that this week. I waited because I still have a good amount of sensitivity on my thigh lift scar line, so I wanted to give it a chance to heal a little more. The hair treatments are not that painful, but they do sting so with that area already being sensitive......

I plan on getting an arm/breast lift in the future, so I have out off getting laser hair treatments on my underarms. My tech says that the underarm is especially painful to get treated, so I figure I would wait till after the arm lift to see if I even need to get the area treated post op. 

So... My suggestion....hold off until you know what the placement of the skin will be.  Hope that helps

cutekatie
on 7/10/14 11:49 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Thank you for the response. I have already had my chin/neck and underarms done so I know it takes many treatments.

Thats good to know about the area being sensitive. That is exactly the information I was looking for. I haven't had any pain with the treatments I've had so far but I will hold off a few months before starting the next round.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active