Question about LBL

shrinking_sarah
on 7/1/14 2:44 am - CA

I had a lbl about 3 1/2 weeks ago, and I have the same experience.  They did not have me wear a binder or anything special (I also didn't have drains), but the surgeon did suggest spanx as a way to decrease swelling, so I wear that sometimes.  I can't stand it the entire day, though, so I usually take it off in the late afternoon or evening and do not sleep with it.

I have found that sleeping flatter (ie, not all propped up on pillows) helps, because then I don't have to "restretch" things as much.

I'd say my "stiff" times are in the morning and after a nap/sitting too long.  Get up and move to see if that helps.  It's also worse later in the evening sometimes. 

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

katier825
on 7/1/14 8:26 am

Did you hear back from the doctor? 

Mssstazzz
on 7/1/14 8:37 pm
VSG on 06/29/12
Yes, They said it was from being inactive. So I'm getting maybe 3-4 hours sleep in recliner then getting up and trying to move my stiff burning body, and then I take a pain pill. After awhile it goes away. Just not sure how I'm suppose to get any rest like this. I'm up as much as possible during the day moving around the house. Not doing too much with body but walking. And no idea how long this will last...I only have so many pain pills..No clue how some people have this surgery then go back to work and take no meds. I feel like a baby!
And I've always had a high tolerance for pain. Next week we leave to go out state to visit family for 2 weeks..Not sure how this will pan out. I've been in recliner these last 3 weeks...There is no recliner where we are staying. Just praying things will get much better this next week. Have any tips on how to relieve the body stiffness? I was thinking maybe a warm shower.. Thanks for asking katier825.

Mssstazzz           

katier825
on 7/2/14 12:18 pm

Nice warm shower will help you!  Don't feel like a baby...it's a HUGE surgery and you aren't going to bounce back to normal in a couple of weeks. It takes time.  I feel good from mine 6 months ago.  The only residual thing (other than some swelling) is that I am still numb above the incision line.  I notice it most in the back. It drives me crazy sometimes because I can't feel the top of my panties and it often feels like they are falling down.  Feels better if I wear a cami or tank under my clothes and tuck it in.  That might sound crazy, but I bet I'm not the only one that ever felt that way.  The numbness is annoying.  I think once you hit the 1 month mark, you will start to feel much better than you did early on.

Mssstazzz
on 7/2/14 8:05 pm
VSG on 06/29/12
Thanks kattier! *hugs* You have been so helpful to be through this whole process..even before the lift!

I'm not sure where you are in Florida...But we should meet up one day for lunch or something!

Kinda like sleeve sisters also..Since we both had Dr D!

Mssstazzz           

Most Active