Question about LBL

Mssstazzz
on 6/29/14 7:30 pm
VSG on 06/29/12
Tomorrow I will be 3 weeks out from my lower body lift.

It seems like every morning when I wake up the whole area around my waist is on fire and my whole body feels so stiff. Sometime it happens in the afternoon too after a nap.

I've been sleeping in recliner every night with lots of pillows to keep things elevated. I'm wearing my garment as directed and taking pain meds.

I don't see doc till next week and it's driving me crazy.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Mssstazzz           

katier825
on 6/29/14 8:02 pm

Maybe it's just the nerves regenerating.  Call the office.  Any time I've called, if he's busy, Laura usually will get back to me quickly.

Terry H.
on 6/29/14 10:15 pm

Is your garment completely covering the incision line?  Also, are you wearing a binder?  It helps me to keep a lot of pressure on the incision.  I made a mistake early on and wore my binder too high which put more pressure downward on the incision line.  I was told the binder should overlap the incision by at least an inch.  I am further out than you but it is still uncomfortable when I have my compression stuff off for a while.  I think it is normal...however every day does get better.

HW 420 SW 369  Pre-Op -51 lbs; M1-19;M2-15;M3-14;M4 -14;M5-13; M6- 14;M7-14;M8-10;M9-11;M10-11;M11-9;M12-7;M13-7;M14-5; M15-7; M16-8. M17-3. M18-6; M19-5. Goal of 200 (220 Lost) Reached Month 15. Goal of 180 (240 lost) reached at 18 months 10 days on 4/.20/13.  57% body weight lost@180.  Now on maintenance. Low weight 169.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Beyond Goal 

Mssstazzz
on 6/30/14 12:08 am
VSG on 06/29/12
They had me switch to a spank type garment. It does cover the incisions. Its a pretty high up one. Seems to be only when I first wake up from the night or naps. Feels like a million bees stinging me and on fire. The incisions look great though, no redness,draining. So I wasn't sure if it's just part of healing process? Hoping to hear back from my doc today.

Thanks for taking time to help! :D

Mssstazzz           

Terry H.
on 6/30/14 12:52 am

I started with a body suit to support by butt and a binder to support my abdomen.  I expected to be able to lose the binder at my six week follow up but ... nope, he suggested that I keep it.  He did say I could try doing compression gear instead of the body suit and I do that some days...but honestly the binder/body suit combo controls my swelling the best.  I have a silicone belt that I've been wearing under my binder as well to flatten and soften the scars.  I'm hoping that at my follow up this week I'll be able to switch to just that..but I really don't like the feeling of tightness that I get when I don't wear the binder...so its a devil's choice.

Irisher
on 6/30/14 12:03 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 12/27/12

I'm sorry you're not feelings so hot :-( I've also noticed stiffness especially after sleeping or lying down for a long time. I'm thinking it's from being less active in general since my surgery just about 3 weeks ago. As for the burning, my guess is also nerve regeneration. And like Terry, I find that my whole mid-section fatigues when my binder is off for a length of time. My doc lets me wear a Spanx-type garment without my binder belt when I go out socially, but I can't do it for long. Even my incision feels tired. Hope you'll be feeling better very soon. 

Mssstazzz
on 6/30/14 12:11 am
VSG on 06/29/12
hmm..wonder if I should go back to binder, he just had me switch to spank type garment last week. Maybe that would help.

Thank you for your time! :D

Mssstazzz           

AZDee
on 6/30/14 1:30 am - Gilbert, AZ

My surgeon told me to wear my garment for another 8 weeks, a total of 4 months!  I thought that was a little much so I tried going support garment less, for two days and both days by the end of the day, my incision area felt pulled and very tight, as if there was swelling (I'm sure there was) Then the next day I wore the garment and I was fine, so for me it's a matter of having the needed support...Maybe you need a tighter type garment....

Irisher
on 6/30/14 7:40 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 12/27/12

It might help. I'm wearing both most of the time. I also have more swelling when I'm not in my binder along with my Spanx one-piece thingy. 

Mssstazzz
on 6/30/14 1:23 pm
VSG on 06/29/12
Thanks everyone for all the ideas!! I will try them all.. I just love this website so much!

Everyone is so helpful!

Mssstazzz           

Most Active