Does anyone have experience with Restylane Injections?

Stacy_WLS
on 6/25/14 11:52 am

My mother is considering Restylane injections.  She is frusterated that people are seeing her as an 'old lady' especially in business situations, but isn't yet comfortable with the idea of a face lift.  

I'd love to hear any feedback people have on Restylane.  

Thanks!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

MyBariatricLife
on 6/25/14 8:24 pm

I have done Juvaderm and it is simply amazing.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Mell
on 6/30/14 2:23 am

I use Perlane and LOVE IT!!!  I also had my fat injected into my cheeks early out and that stuck.  I also get a small amount of botox in my forehead, after I lost all the weight I had I guess extra skin on my forehead and when I raised my eyebrows it looked like a sad face!!

Good luck

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

MyBariatricLife
on 6/30/14 4:17 pm

Can you tell me how much you pay per syringe?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Mell
on 7/1/14 12:40 am

I think around 3 or 4 hundred? I am not 100% sure. See the doctor who does it is a ENT and facial reconstructive surgeon he fixed my husbands deviated septum. He trained in LA but moved here he is super careful with both my botox and perlane and really takes care to make sure I look natural which I love and my husband loves also. He is part of Palo Alto Medical (sutter health) so I think I get  a break in $$ plus he likes my husband.  But most importantly he doesnt over do the Botox see when they open a vile it is only good for something like 4 hours, so if you go to a regular spa or dermatologist they will or may try to pump you with more so not to waste.   

Mell

MyBariatricLife
on 7/1/14 3:30 am

I have the 11s between my eyes but I do not want to do Botox. I just wear bangs - LOL. Dr. Winslow cut the muscle between my eye brows to get rid of the 11s but she said it would grow back. She did not charge me so I had nothing to lose -- but it grew back very quickly. 

My lips keep absorbing the darn filler. So I wondered if a brand other than Juvaderm would last longer. As far as I know, that is the only brand Dr. Winslow's office uses. Triste the nurse does my filler and she is excellent. I also get it in the marionette lines and nasal labial folds -- amazing that I look instantly younger. 

Where do you get the filler injected and how long does it last?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Mell
on 7/1/14 5:23 am

I get fillers on my nasal labial folds, and botox on my forehead and on the 11s.  The perlane lasts nearly a year for me, I had a large tumor removed from the right side saliva gland years ago and there was some extra skin associated with that once it was all said and done. Why no botox? I really really like it and only get a little (takes about one week to see full effect). I am still fairly young 35 but it really has soften my face and I always get compliments about what a "natural" beauty I am! HAAHAHAHA!!! Cracks me up if only they knew!

Have you tried the fat injections in your lips? I did my fat injections in TJ in my cheeks and labial folds but it only stuck with my cheeks.

Mell

MyBariatricLife
on 7/3/14 6:05 am

I just don't want to put toxins on my body. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Laura in Texas
on 7/5/14 12:16 am

My sil just had Voluma put into her cheeks and Juviderm elsewhere in her face. She looks great. It's important to find someone who knows what they are doing or she could look weird.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active