LBL & Decreased Appetite

Irisher
on 6/25/14 1:29 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 12/27/12

My restriction has been good, too. I guess time will tell as to how the surgery will affect my restriction in the long run. 

kisersassy
on 6/25/14 1:39 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

I  have a question please,, with those of you that had restriction after plastic surgery, was it just restriction or did it also help with the feeling of being hungry too?

Irisher
on 6/25/14 2:15 am

In my case--and remember that my experience thus far has been short--I seem to have a little of both. Although I'm doing really well (my surgeon calls me his poster child for recovery), I'm not feeling 100% and energy is still lower than normal. I think these things naturally lowers the body's hunger signals. Kind of like when you have a cold or the flu, eating just doesn't sound as enticing as it does when you're well. Not that this is your thinking, but I certainly wouldn't have an LBL in hopes of improving restriction and decreasing hunger/appetite. 

emelar
on 6/25/14 2:16 am - TX

I was never one of those people who lost hunger.  I get hungry.  It's just that it takes a small amount of food to satisfy the hunger.  After surgery, it took a smaller amount of food to satisfy the hunger because of the increased restriction.  I think I'm pretty much back to normal now - a year and a half out from LBL.

AmberK
on 6/26/14 1:10 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

great post! I love reading all of your responses. They are very helpful. I will be having and extended TT and BL on Monday and I cold only pray that I will have less of an appetite :)     

Irisher
on 6/27/14 12:45 am

How exciting for you! Please keep us posted on your progress. Wishing you a swift, uneventful recovery!

Most Active