LBL & Decreased Appetite

Irisher
on 6/24/14 6:34 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 12/27/12

Hi, All :-) So, decreased appetite might be a bit of a misnomer. It's more like decreased space in my stomach (which is cut like a sleeve but with bypass and no pyloric valve) to hold solid food. I am 18 days post-op from an LBL and I get so full so fast! I get in all of my vitamins and have been supplementing with a few Unjury and Syntrax protein shakes every day to make sure I keep healing well. As much as I enjoy my shakes, I miss having a meal with my family that lasts for more than three or four bites. At first I though it might be the pain meds, but I never needed to take much and I haven't needed to take anything at all in about a week. My only other guess is that my little stomach is smashed under my new corset-tight abs and can't expand. When I swallow my first bite, I even get the full signal in my brain that makes me want to put my fork down and push my plate away! Has anyone else experienced this? Does it get better?

AZDee
on 6/24/14 7:34 am - Gilbert, AZ

I have hear others say this....not the case for me, 6 weeks out today from a lower body lift, whi*****luded the full  tummy tuck, with muscle repair, and I can eat just fine....oh shucks!!!

Irisher
on 6/25/14 1:05 am

LOL...Congrats to you on your recent surgery. I read about your experiences with great interest while I was preparing for my surgery. It sounds like you had a phenomenal experience!

AZDee
on 6/25/14 1:16 am - Gilbert, AZ

Thanks, yes I did have a really good outcome, and I am 6 weeks out now and feeling great.  I think I am all healed up now as I feel like the same ole me...So glad to have finally found a great surgeon, as I have some revisions needed from a not so great surgeon from last year...Glad to hear you are doing so well...I am sure things will relax some with the stomach issues as there is always a lot of swelling which makes things feel tight...Post some pictures when you can, I would love to see your results!

emelar
on 6/24/14 8:38 am - TX

Yes, it increased my restriction for awhile.  And, after I was off all of the pain meds, I discovered that I couldn't sleep with my compression garment fastened all the way up.  Between the tightened muscles and the compression, there was too much pressure on my stomach.  I kept waking up with reflux.  So I'd unfasten the top two snaps on the garment to sleep.

Irisher
on 6/25/14 1:09 am

Hmmm. Now that you mention the compression garment, maybe it would help if I loosen the top during meals. Definitely something to try today. Thanks :-)

MyBariatricLife
on 6/24/14 9:52 am

I am more than a year out form my tummy tuck and I still cannot eat as much as I could prior. THANK YOU LORD! I've lost 45 pounds -- intentionally -- between my surgeries and diet and exercise.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Irisher
on 6/25/14 1:18 am

Wow, that's a lot of weight to lose after plastics! How has the weight loss changed your results either negatively or positively? My ability to (not) eat mostly has me worried that I'll ruin my beautiful new tummy ;-)

MyBariatricLife
on 6/25/14 5:41 am

The weight loss was very beneficial to my results. I feel like I hit the jackpot, getting everything from my plastic surgery that I did not get from weight loss surgery.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

shrinking_sarah
on 6/24/14 9:58 am - CA

Yes, also my experience at first.  I just wasn't hungry, and then couldn't eat much.  I had pretty good restriction pre-plastics, though.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Most Active