Thigh Lift (small or large?) -- with pics

Stacy_WLS
on 6/18/14 2:36 pm

Thanks everyone.  I really do not want the scar down my leg.  I think the inner groin one will probably be good.  

I made the mistake of doing yoga in my hotel room in my bra and panties and saw way more sag than normal.  Workout clothes do wonders for holding things in place. 

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/18/14 9:49 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I had the groin incision only and although it did smooth things out a bit on the inner thighs and I do feel a bit of a pull, I really can't see THAT much of a difference. Knowing what I know now, I'd go for the full hog. The incision is long yes, but in a year or so it will fade and you won't notice it. But you will notice your skinny thighs!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

TracyK
on 6/24/14 8:02 am - FL

I just had the full medial thigh lift about 5 weeks ago.  The incision from groin to knee.   From the pictures you have posted my legs looked a lot like your pictures but a lot more stretch marks.  I started out with 25" thighs with hanging skin and as of today my thighs are now 21" and smooth!!!!  I am in shock on how great they look.  The Dr. gave me some medicine to put on the incisions to make them heal faster as well.  I will be asking if it is OK to start putting Mederma scar treatment on them as this has done wonders to my TT scar turning it white pretty quickly.  The pain was not fun but the results to me are quite worth it.  I will make sure that this year my scars will see no sun but by next summer; watch out swimsuit!  ;)  I go back on 1 July for a follow up and a thumbs up to go back to running and Zumba.  Very excited and glad I went through this journey.   Good luck to you and pray your results are all that you dreamed of.  

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

turqoisesummer
on 6/24/14 9:08 am

Firstly, yes the world of plastic surgery is confusing and lax in it's surgical nomenclature so I would advise having details about what a procedure will correct on you specifically. A succesful surgery is comprised of many things including managing expectations- so make sure the results you want will be addressed.

Secondly, sagging thighs can have a vertical laxity and a horizontal or girth laxity. Not everyone has both. The groin crescent will not fix substantial horizontal laxity, just vertical. Long incision medial thigh addresses the laxity in girth as well as veritcal lifting.

Thirdly, your surgeon would/ should have evaluated you for skin quality, vein quality, age, and overall health. Weak and varicose veins are not a good mix with the long incision, for instance.

And there are your other concurrent procedures to take into account. The additional trauma and blood loss may be too much and jeopardize your healthy recovery. A lot of surgeons don't think too much about that but you should. Higher blood loss equals more post op  pain, longer recovery, longer healing times. Longer surgery time has higher risk for clots.

So if you have questions as to whether this procedure will give you the results you want, you have to discuss it with your surgeon. You are unique and should get care that is personalized for you.

I have the same set of procedures planned, but I broke it up, all lower body and then upper body. I just could't fathom how I would sleep or move around with everything cut at the same time, legs, arms, boobs. The only thing I'd be able to do is blink and wiggle my toes!

I hope this helps you. 

Most Active