Thigh Lift (small or large?) -- with pics

Stacy_WLS
on 6/18/14 3:27 am

Hi everyone!  This is my first post on the Plastics Board :)  I am scheduled for 'the works' on Nov 7th (LBL, BL/BA, small arm lift and (currently) small thigh lift).  I am wondering if I should go for the large thigh lift or if the small thigh lift is good enough. 

Here are some pictures of me -- the second two are of me upside down to show the thigh sag -- I noticed how bad this was when I was doing yoga and wanted to get people's opinion on if the thigh lift would take care of this. 

Thank you for any of your feedback! :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Tracy D.
on 6/18/14 4:38 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I don't know what people's opinions will be who've had the surgery...but your thigh sag isn't bad at all!  I've seen worse including my own ;-)  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

emelar
on 6/18/14 7:38 am - TX

I think the mini-lift (we're talking about the groin incision, right?) works fine if most of the problem is in the upper part of your thigh.  If you have a lot of skin right about your knee and from the knee to halfway up your thigh, the mini-lift isn't enough.  But then it becomes a question of whether you want the long scar or not.  Your call!

AZDee
on 6/18/14 8:09 am - Gilbert, AZ

I wish I had before pictures of my legs on here, I am one person *****ally needs both...but for the moment the inner groin lift (the Medial thigh lift) did wonders...I am in a state of shock over how much pull I got from it.  My surgeon who didn't want me to have the long lift at this time, (due to my veins)   said he would give me a aggressive inner thigh lift and he did.  If you can get away with only having to have the medial lift then do it!!! Recovery is easier and you don't have that huge scar running down your legs...From your photos you seem to be a great candidate for the medial thigh lift...

pineview01
on 6/18/14 10:38 am, edited 6/18/14 10:40 am - Davison, MI

I had a Medial thigh lift.  But I think what you are calling a Medial thigh lift is the Groin Lift?  Medial just means inside area of the legs.  So you can have the incisions in the groin only, mid leg up or like in my case extended (incision in the groin going all the way down to below the knee.)  These are all Medial thigh lifts.

When you had posted that you had the Medial thigh lift not extended, I mistakenly thought you had the inner incision from half way up the thigh to groin and into groin.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

AZDee
on 6/18/14 10:44 am - Gilbert, AZ

My surgeon called it a medial thigh lift and I just looked on the internet at a picture and this was the caption...

For a thigh lift, the surgeon removes the excess skin and fat from the inside of the thighs (medial thigh lift) or from the bottom (posterior thigh lift).

AZDee
on 6/18/14 10:47 am - Gilbert, AZ

This is what I had done and what they are calling a medial thigh lift.

pineview01
on 6/18/14 10:57 am - Davison, MI

That is what I just figured out you had done.  Mine is also called a medial thigh lift.  It was and extended, past the mid thigh to below the knee.  I have my book here showing a medial and it is the "T" down to the mid thigh.

This is the one thing that really confused me too when starting the search and emelar pointed out, many surgeons do different thing under the same name and different names for the same thing.

I wish I could have gotten away with what you had done but the surgeon said it would pull enough or last.  

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

AZDee
on 6/18/14 11:18 am - Gilbert, AZ

I wanted more!!!  But my surgeon felt it wasn't the best. You see my last surgeon last year told me I needed my varicose veins taken care of before surgery, so I did but after treatment which ended 2 months before surgery left my legs looking worse as the veins are left to be absorbed by the body...Well my new surgeon saw those and said we are staying clear of those...oh well, like I said it turned out a lot better than I thought it would.

pineview01
on 6/19/14 9:36 am - Davison, MI

WOW!  That is a trip.  My last surgeon left the blood in my incisions when I had a bled and said the body would absorb it.  Yeah but, at the cost of major scare tissue building in there.  Maybe down the road when you NEED it you will be good enough to get extended if you need it.

Most Active