Sensitive subject

Tracy D.
on 6/16/14 4:04 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

OK - I've been at goal weight since the end of December and after recently doing a 10-week boot camp I've toned up and lost some more body fat.  As a result, my panni is hanging even lower these days.  Not low enough to qualify for surgery and I'm not getting any sores, although I have to clean my belly button carefully or it gets a disgusting smell because of the folded over skin, ick.  But here's my issue and I apologize now if it's TMI for some of you but I've never come across this on these boards yet: 

When I sit down to use the toilet my panni pushes down on my mons and all that extra pressure is partially pinching off my urethra because peeing is an issue these days!  Seriously, in order to get a good stream going and fully empty my bladder I have to physically lift up my panni and pull up on my mons to pee!  Did anyone else have this problem?    

I'm going to report this to my doctor at at my appointment next month.  Do you think if I keep reporting it as an issue that my insurance might consider paying for at least a panni?   Or will they just say, "keep on pulling up that gut honey?"  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

AZDee
on 6/16/14 4:58 am - Gilbert, AZ

This definitely sounds like you now have a medical complication due to excess skin.  The question now is do you mind waiting to go though the insurance process and possibly having a different surgeon in order to have your insurance cover it? I guess it's worth talking to your surgeon next month...

Tracy D.
on 6/16/14 5:06 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It's a good question...and one I'll definitely have time to think over since I don't have the money for surgery anywhere at this point and the insurance process will literally drag on for months.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

godzilla
on 6/16/14 2:50 pm - Israel
Definitely talk about it with your GP and maybe urologist and GYN and get as many letter of documentation as possible. The panni hangs lower than you think and a PS sees it in the proper way to measure and decide.
Mikimi in Israel
pineview01
on 6/18/14 10:18 am - Davison, MI

I would defiantly ask about this.  Are you having rashes also?  I would think this would for sure be an issue to get surgery.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active